My Cutlass is acting up

gimp19

Monday when I was going 60mph my Cutty just died. I pulled over and tried starting it atleast 10times and all it would do is crank, so I called my dad. He got there and still nothing at this point I figured it was gonna have to get towed. Then a cop stops and asks me if my car is dead, I told him it died while I was driving and wouldnt start. When I went to show him what is was doing it started right up. WTF

The only thing I noticed is it didnt sound like it was firing or smell flooded, I thought my fuel pump died untill it started back up.

i had that happen b4 too, and i just disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. it was the icm...it threw the code. i haven't had a problem since, and i didn't replace the icm. it was a fluke

yeah...sounds like an ignition module...most auto parts stores can test it for ya! :wink:

:withstupid: I had to replace my mom's in her LeSabre... of course she had no clue what was wrong lol

My sister has been driving it to work since her GP got totaled and she hasnt had and problems with it :? I'm gonna look at ot this weekend and take it on a little drive, is the ignition module part of the coils?

My sister has been driving it to work since her GP got totaled and she hasnt had and problems with it :? I'm gonna look at ot this weekend and take it on a little drive, is the ignition module part of the coils?

Yea.. Right under them if I recall.. POull the cools, and there it is.. Prolly w/ a plug coming off it