supreme_style21

On which wire does the Cutlass Supreme DIS receive the Oil Life input? Will this function on the OBD1.5 crap? Same for the Trip Info. I know the fuel data will not work. I'm gonna steal Steve's idea and try rig this mofo up. The ONLY thing I want is the GAGES information, which works flawlessly. Avg. Speed also works fine.

I'm not sure on HOW exactly to rig it up as far as buttons. I do not want buttons out there that have no data/function, I.E. the fuel data, but I assume I need them to set date/time, so I can't really hide them. Don't suppose there is a way for it to default to GAGES? Throw me some ideas.

What is circled is what currently works. Everything else, I can do without, if possible.

I really only want the GAGES.. I do not want it to scream LOW FUEL every time I start. I do not want it to ask for date/time.. ever. Doubtful, but is there a way to have ONLY that function? :\

100_1430W.JPG

If I can get OIL LIFE to function, I can eliminate the other buttons when/if I install it somewhere, so it all is organized.. buttons aren't all spread around.

100_1430W2.JPG

If this doesn't make any sense, sorry. I know what I mean in my head.. plus I should be sleeping right now.. instead of messing around.

Guest Anonymous

I doubt its going to work in our cars... pre 94 you might have a shot. If i'm not mistaken, this was brought up before and it won't work, but I think a cutlass guru would have to confirm or deny it.

Oil life monitor is computed using tach and engine coolant temp. It should work.

It will not say "LOW FUEL" because it determines fuel level based on the sender input. At least, mine in the 94 never says low fuel.

The trip computer part will work, and for that, you need all the buttons. They're dual function, notice that they have numbers on them.

No way (short of reprogramming it) to get it to go to GAGES automatically. Only RANGE, ECON, and FUEL buttons won't work. The rest work fine. Your idea to eliminate the buttons looks silly to me, but whatever.

Oil life monitor is computed using tach and engine coolant temp. It should work.

It will not say "LOW FUEL" because it determines fuel level based on the sender input. At least, mine in the 94 never says low fuel.

The trip computer part will work, and for that, you need all the buttons. They're dual function, notice that they have numbers on them.

No way (short of reprogramming it) to get it to go to GAGES automatically. Only RANGE, ECON, and FUEL buttons won't work. The rest work fine. Your idea to eliminate the buttons looks silly to me, but whatever.

Well it would look silly as-is, yes. But I was planning on integrating it into the console or overhead console. I personally have no talent to do so, but a buddy of mine is AWESOME at that kind of stuff. I just don't want buttons in the console that don't work.. I.E. I do not want the ECON button there if it doesn't work. When/If it is put in one of the consoles, It SHOULD look 'stock'.

When I first plugged it in, it said RANGE 123. After a few minutes, it said LOW FUEL (or something of the sort) followed by the annoyingly loud screech. I do not want it doing that every time I start up.

Is there a 'default' for the Oil Life input? It automatically went to 55% and stayed there. Oil has maybe 1k on it. How long does it take to 'learn' what percentage it should be at?

It probably did the low fuel thing because you didn't plug in the fuel level sender.

There's no default on the oil life monitor. It probably says 55% because that's what it was when the car it came from was wrecked. You press OIL and RESET at the same time for 5-seconds or so to reset it back to 100%.

It probably did the low fuel thing because you didn't plug in the fuel level sender.

There's no default on the oil life monitor. It probably says 55% because that's what it was when the car it came from was wrecked. You press OIL and RESET at the same time for 5-seconds or so to reset it back to 100%.

Yeah I did not bother plugging the fuel sender in, so that would explain it. I'll reset the oil info.. didn't know how to do that. Thanks!

also on the oil info.. it won't be remotely accurate unless you reset it after you get an oil change (new oil = 100%). can't reset it like halfway through. (you do, and old oil will still start from 100%)

also on the oil info.. it won't be remotely accurate unless you reset it after you get an oil change (new oil = 100%). can't reset it like halfway through. (you do, and old oil will still start from 100%)

Yeah I assumed that. I just didn't want to mess around with it if I wasn't sure as to whether or not it worked.

With mine, the fuel sender doesn't seen to work, as it says low fuel range at startup always. I went by the instructions that float around on here from time to time. Should this function work in a 93?

Yeah, it should work. Go into diagnostic mode and you can verify your fuel sender is hooked up correctly...

Press DEST, RESET, and enter 8192. You'll get a diagnostic display that shows the following information:

E = English Mode

H0 = Engine Code (B6 = 3.1L, H0 = 2.8L... weird because LB6 is 2.8L and LH0 is 3.1L, but whatever).

L = Park lamps Off

00 = Dimming Input (percent)

00 = Fuel level (percent)

4 = 4004 pulses per mile

L = VSS signal input Low

Look at the fuel level percentage. It should show a percent that reflects how much fuel you have in the tank.