Browsing Early 90's/Late 80's Motor Trends... PIC

GP1138

Would you buy that car?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you buy that car?

STEGP.jpg

Steve should like that...

I got Xeroxes of the entire "Car of the Year '88" article where the Pontiac Grand Prix won :D They have all those old magazines there.

I also got one of the entire feature MT did on the Turbo Grand Prix, as well as 1990's developments for Pontiac, Olds, and Buick, I believe.

I got a shitty Xerox of a 1993 Intimidator Lumina ad. It looked sweet, but not Xeroxed, their scanner was not working properly.

where did you get all these from?? Ive been trying to find old Car and Driver/Motor Trend/Road and Track from that era.

Looks like a 6000 with GP front/rears, and GA wheels

Holy bastardization, Batman!!! I wonder if that was really in the works or if it was one of the editor's imagination running wild?

Notice the B-pillar mounted door handles and the door frames that extend up into the roofline just like the W-Bodies :shock: .

Those wheels do bear an uncanny resemblance to 96-98 Grand Am GT wheels...

Oooh.. Me likey.. hehe.. I wsh that Pontiac had stuck with the 6000.. Myself that is.. hehe.. I LOVE the ABody.. Leave it alone! Oh man.. Do I sense another project on the horizon for me?.............................................................................. :twisted: :wink:

Oooh.. Me likey.. hehe.. I wsh that Pontiac had stuck with the 6000.. Myself that is.. hehe.. I LOVE the ABody.. Leave it alone! Oh man.. Do I sense another project on the horizon for me?.............................................................................. :twisted: :wink:
Uh-oh! Somebody got the gears turning in Steve's head again :willynilly: !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew Steve would love this. I saw that page and I was like... "STEVE!!!!" :lol:

There's an old issue of Motor Trend laying around in my house somewhere that has a road test (or a scoop or something) on the 6000 STE AWD, and they were pretty excited about it. That drawing really does look like a bizarre mix of 6000, GP, and GA! It's hideous!

I knew Steve would love this. I saw that page and I was like... "STEVE!!!!" :lol:

LOL.. Too true!! Im gonna make one.. hehe.. Heres the sequence of events leading to it:

Lumina

88 Monte Carlo SS/66 Mustang (Simutaneous work)

Pontiac 6000 STE (Or a TRUE DTE.. LOL).. I'll call it a 92 :wink:

Wow, that artist sucks. What a disproportionate sedan! It has a loooong coupe front door with the ass end of an A-body tacked on.

How wrong they were on their predictions too. :lol: