Power Locks

gpse_97

Hello gang!

I have a 92 STE and my power locks do not work. When I click LOCK I can hear a faint click coming from the module that is located in teh back near the right speaker, its a black box I'm assuming that is the keyless entry receiver. The previous owner told me he took out the fuse because the power locks would go whackey sometimes, but I Checked the fuse and its still in there. Sometimes I can hear the "click" from the keyless entry module in the trunk when I put the car in Park. (as if its trying to unlock the doors) I know my old 97 would unlock the doors in park also. So bassically the thing is, if I hit lock I can hear that click, but it doesn't actually unlock or lock any doors.

If anyone can help me out it would be great, thanks

-Shaun

The keyless entry reciever is bad. No 88-93 GP unlocks the doors automatically when placed in park. Just replace the RKE box.

thanks for the tip, is there any way to just remove the RKE?

I don't even have the keychain for keyless, so I don't care to use RKE, i just want power locks.

yes I did that but my power locks still wont work, I think someone disconected it, so I'm woundering where is the BCM That controls the power locks so I can see if something is unplugged

Look in the Driverside kick panel to the left of the brake pedal. Should be a box with two sets of wires. FYI, Once it is removed, your car wont have any functions (windows, locks, keyless, etc.) Might want to see what RPO codes your car has first before you remove it.

If you call the dealer, give them the VIN number and ask what BCM came with the car and get the part number for it. Once you get that part number, look it up on gmpartsdirect.com and get your replacement. You can also find your RKE reciever and remotes from there to. Ask the dealer for those part numbers also.

• 3 weeks later...

I unpluged the black box for keyless entry behind the passanger seat today since I don't have a keyless entry keyfob and my power locks still don't work.

Does my car need this receiver or can I just leave it out since I don't have a keyfob anyways?

Also If I keep this unplugged can I still use power locks? or does this need to be in for the power locks to work?

Also what fuse(s) control power locks on a '92 STE.

My RKE box is out and I still have power locks. Maybe the switch is bad on your door?

switch seems fine,

Ok so I can leave the RKE box out, ok sweet, thanks for the answer. I wounder what else might be the issue, can it be the BCM?

I think the previous owner disconected something thats why I have no power locks... I checked the one fuse but its good so it has to be something unpluged somewhere or the BCM.

maybe they unplugged the locks themsleves inside the doors or cut the wires. people do stupid shit to their cars.

I checked inside the door panels already when I replaced my speakers.

I think the BCM is messed.