Someone hit me!

Speckkial

I was in an accident last Sunday. A lady in a Ford Explorer hit me right before I was going to make a right turn and I need you guys' opinions on how much damage($) she set me back. Besides the body damage, I think the axel, or whatever connects the two front wheels to eachother is messed up because the wheels are inverted (you might be able to see that in one of the pics). The driver side strut is also sitting on top of the tire. Currently my car is sitting on a friend's block, undrivable. I don't have any money to have it towed to my house and I would rather have it towed somewhere to have it fixed but I don't have any money. Her insurance company is taking a long time to determine fault, take pictures, etc. so I wanna just see how much it would cost to fix it, try to pay for it myself, and have her company write me a check. Everyday this week I have been pulling my hair out wondering if my car is alright and my friend just told me that the driverside tire is now on flat and people are beginning to notice that my car has been sitting there for a week now (rough neighborhood). Jeremy is going to post the pics later. Thanks guys.

Don't even START to do anything until the insurance company looks at it. Once you start changing things and they see that, they'll say .. sorry. They'll pay for the damages that are there, once you start changing stuff, they won't know what was caused by the accident and what was caused by you. Leave it alone and let them handle it.

Also, why didn't you have it towed from the accident? Insurance picks that up as well. Now you've got it stuck in a bad neighborhood and no where to go with it. You'll still have to have it towed.

I didn't have it towed from the accident because I was in shock first off, and I was only two blocks away from my friend's house. So I slowly drove the car to his block and parked it. Jeremy should be posting pics later.

Hopefully it just fucked up the suspension, and didn't move the strut tower...

if the strut tower got moved, you'll be spendin' some money at the frame shop.

--Dave.

I take it, the strut tower is where the strut actually sits? If so, the strut is no longer in the tower. It's literally resting on top of the tire. Is it possible, the impact just knocked the strut down, out of place?

About 105,200. Why would you say that?

92,93 I assume? Thats a significant amount of damage on an old car. I've seen similar cars in junkyards with lower miles and less damage.

Yep, 93. So it doesn't look good huh? Man, I can't be without a car. How much do you think her insurance company will give me for it if they rule it totalled?

Low Retail

$1,601

Average Retail

$2,401

High Retail

$2,976

NADA values unadjusted for options.

Low Retail Value

A low retail vehicle may have extensively visible wear and tear. The body may have dents and other blemishes. The buyer can expect to invest in bodywork and/or mechanical work. It is likely that the seats and carpets will have visible wear. The vehicle should be able to pass local inspection standards and be in safe running condition. Low retail vehicles usually are not found on dealer lots.

Average Retail Value

An average retail vehicle should be clean and without glaring defects. Tires and glass should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. The interior should have wear in relation to the age of the vehicle. Carpet and seat upholstery should be clean, and all power options should work. The mileage should be within the acceptable range for the model year.

An Average Retail vehicle on a dealer lot may include a limited warranty or guarantee, and possibly a current safety and/or emission inspection (where applicable).

High Retail Value

A high retail vehicle should be in flawless condition. All power equipment should be functional. The paint should match and have a high gloss finish. The carpet and seat upholstery should be clean and have minimal wear. The engine should start quickly and run smoothly. The tires should be like new with a spare and jack. The mileage should be significantly below the acceptable mileage range for the model year.

A high retail vehicle on a dealer lot should be fully reconditioned and is likely to include a warranty, guarantee or manufacturer certification and current safety and/or emission inspection (where applicable).

Do I have any other options?

Just don't jump yet.. all you can do is wait for estimates. It may or may not be a loss.. I think it looks too dang close to tell.

Like Dave said, if that strut tower has moved, its gone for sure.

Hey man that could of been alot worse. Hopefully they don't total it out. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) my Cutlass has PLPD so if I get in an accident they won't total it out.. then again they won't pay to have it fixed either..

Hey man that could of been alot worse. Hopefully they don't total it out. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) my Cutlass has PLPD so if I get in an accident they won't total it out.. then again they won't pay to have it fixed either..

So you basically have liability insurance? I can't afford to do that just yet. I've dropped collision, but left comprehensive coverage. I MUST have comp on my cars! It is cheap enough to leave on there and covers a wide range of uncontrollable damages.

I have liability plus. If she didn't have insurance, my insurance would have fixed my car as long as I got all her information. I'm wondering if they will fix it if her insurance company says they won't.

Do I have any other options?

Just don't jump yet.. all you can do is wait for estimates. It may or may not be a loss.. I think it looks too dang close to tell.

Like Dave said, if that strut tower has moved, its gone for sure.

How could I determine if the strut tower moved any? Like I said before, the driverside strut is resting upon the tire as if it fell down from the strut tower. Does that mean the strut tower moved or could that just have happened off impact?