315,000 miles and a slow death

regalized

well folks the regal needs a new motor, im not sure what happened to it, but the computer is not working and motor is blown, took off the intake and found some really pretty silver glitter in side the ports, oh how pretty!

YA RIGHT! well i need to find a decent 3.1 mpfi v6 for my regal, any suggestions on where i can find one?

If that cars still in good shape and is worth fixing up, hit a J/Y and get yourself another drivetrain drop it in there and hopefully it'll be good for another 100000.

At least toss a 3800 into it if you are going to re-engine the car. Was 318k miles on the original transmission? The rest of the car must be in pretty good shape if you're even considering tossing a replacement engine into it.

too bad you werent near me im taking a perfectly good 3.1L MPFI from a 90 GP to shredder tomorrow, i was saving it for the 92 cutty supreme sl but i scrapped it even though it was mint shape car

good luck

315000miles on original motor and tranny, the tranny is still good, i was thinking on a 3800 but if i go that route it will be out a 96 plus riviera, hmmm the possibilities, ya i knew the car since it was new, alot of the miles on her were highway miles, but yes if i had a way to prove how many miles were on it i would , just take care of em and done race , well not all the time lol, take it easy guys,oh by the way i work at jones exhaust systems, and make performance mufflers and such, hit ,me up ill give yous the website and can prolly get some people some parts at cost, take it easy, Regalized