My White Face Gauges (UPDATE: Pg. 3)

terryk2003

Dayum! Well you're the official "trailblazer" for the 94-96 GP overlay upgrade. Sounds to me like the needles need to be pried up a tiny bit after the overlay is installed. Where did you mount the dimmer? On my Regal, I was eyeballing the area of the headlight switch where it's blank (where the fog light switch is on the GP's.)

Thanks for all the info! Glad to hear it worked out for ya!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• 93CutlassSupreme

• DaveFromColorado

• dsgrntld187

those look sweet, now you need the CF overlay to complete the look....I will the entire faces lit up instead of the just the numbers.....oh well....thanks again for posting the before/after pics....I have put a set of these in one of my old probes so it should be almost exactly the same.....

Where did you mount the dimmer?

well...i was considering mounting it next to the foglight switch as well since there is room...BUT...i wanted mine to be hidden cause i IMO that switch for the overlay looks kinda hack...SOOOooo...here's where i put mine:

gaugeswitch.jpg

gaugeswitchcover.jpg

i used double sided tape, and since i'm the kind of person that just sets the brightness once and leaves it alone, that works good for me!...ALSO, FYI...the BROWN wire that comes out of the headlight switch is the one you'll want to tap into for the lights on you're overlay...also, here's another pic of the overlay installed (DAYTIME PIC)

whitegauges2.jpg

looks sharp, is it actually for a grand prix with the second gear start area?

also, how much do those run?

Id be interested if they didnt have those big circles in the middle...

jon

looks sharp, is it actually for a grand prix with the second gear start area?

also, how much do those run?

Id be interested if they didnt have those big circles in the middle...

jon

YES...they are for a GP...i put the overlay in a GP cluster i got from a J/Y...i DO NOT RECOMMEND putting them over the Cutlass cluster because the idiot lights DO NOT line up...it looks HORRIBLE when the idiot lights come on...they are about $40 Plus Shipping from http://www.makotoautotrends.com/store-detail.asp?sku=M%2DPN94GP%2D3814RGX&maker=PONTIAC&dbname=onlinestoreDB ...ALSO, i just noticed that in the pic on their website of that same overlay that i got...THERE IS NO GLOWING CIRCLE in the middle... :evil: ...WTF?....thats BS...isnt that like FALSE ADVERTISING?...anywayz, i'm with everyone else, i don't really care for those circles, but...OH WELL...

ok...well...i got BORED...so i decided to snap a pic of the switch on BLUE and one on GREEN...just to show you the difference (WHICH ISNT MUCH!)...so here ya go...the first is BLUE which i like best, and the second is green:

bluegauges.jpg

BLUE

greengauges.jpg

GREEN

like i said earlier..NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE! :roll:

• 2 months later...

ok guys...i know this is an OLD ASS thread...but, i started it, and wanted to make an update, so i didnt feel like making a new thread about it...so, anywayz...i got this bezel from chris (slick94prix):

bezel.jpg

i thought that polished look might not look very good, and it might blind me when the sun hit it just right...SO, i painted it flat black:

blackbezel.jpg

then, i installed it!!!...let me know what you guyz think!:

gauges1.jpg

gauges2.jpg

gauges3.jpg

Fuck, that looks sweet ass! If I didn't like the Pontiac orange of my car's IP just fine, I'd really consider that face kit! How did you get the rest of the gauge face, like the blue font and shit?

Fuck, that looks sweet ass! If I didn't like the Pontiac orange of my car's IP just fine, I'd really consider that face kit! How did you get the rest of the gauge face, like the blue font and shit?

thats an overlay made by OTTO!...if you read the WHOLE thread...you'll catch that part! :wink: :lol:

thats an overlay made by OTTO!...if you read the WHOLE thread...you'll catch that part! :wink: :lol:

:oops: Will do!! :oops:

Looks good! Actually that's the same thing I've been babbling about for the last 6 months (still haven't bought the bezel or glo gauges yet :roll: )

I had an idea to tape off a small strip of the bezel around the gauges before painting so they look "outlined" with an aluminum strip...

:lol: you should!!!!...damn...

I worked on them a little bit last night....I was having issues the needles "sticking"....hopefully all is fixed....I will try to put the in by the end of the week...