My White Face Gauges (UPDATE: Pg. 3)

terryk2003

ok...i got my GP gauge cluster today and went ahead and installed the overlay...you don't have to take the needles off either, you can carefully slide the overlay under the needles (thats how i did it!)...i don't have the cluster installed in my car yet because i have to move the milage from 43k to the 67k that's on my car...but here's a pic of the cluster with the white overlay in it...

whitegauges.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• 93CutlassSupreme

• DaveFromColorado

• dsgrntld187

I saw your post when your pic wasn't working, then after I posted yer pic, you fixed your post, so then I edited my post..

yes, certinally damn nice job there man, damn nice!

--Dave.

if you want 'em done for first gen cutty clusters, I can get them custom done for ya.

my boss custom makes gauage faces and gauages for all sorts of cars.

--Dave

if you want 'em done for first gen cutty clusters, I can get them custom done for ya.

--Dave

i'm interested, depending on the price.

--Dave

i'm interested, depending on the price.

ditto. I would want the whole thing to be white though.. just white where the gauges are, maybe with some kind of plastic border.

I haven't spoken to my boss yet, but I know he can do different fonts too if you want, he can do pretty much whatever ya want so think of some ideas and I can get some pricing...

--Dave.

if you could, see what he'd want for a regular first-gen analog CS cluster with the colors reversed.

you know what i mean, the speed etc. numbers/letters black, and the background white.

could you post a pic of the cluster you want worked? (it'd be even more helpful if you put a ruler under it, so he could get an idea of the sizes he'd be working with)

--Dave.

could you post a pic of the cluster you want worked? (it'd be even more helpful if you put a ruler under it, so he could get an idea of the sizes he'd be working with)

--Dave.

sure. give me a couple hours to take and upload it.

ok...i FINALLY got em installed...it was a freakin nIGHTMARE...and it SUCKED...but, they're in...i found that sliding the overlay under your needles might not be a good idea...when i plugged the new cluster in...the tach didnt work...i was SSoooOoo pissed...i was about to get on here and tell everyone that told me the GP cluster would work that they were FULL OF SHIT...so, i got pissed, ripped the needles off the gp cluster...tore it all apart...put the overlay on my cutlass cluster which i DO NOT RECOMMEND...it looks like SHIT...none of the idiot lights are in the right place...so, i put the gp cluster back together and plugged it in with no overlay or needles...i stuck the needle back on that tach, and it workED!!...woo hoo...well, later i discovered that the overlay was stopping the needles from moving...which is a whole nother story...the end results were nice, but getting there was a NIGHTMARE...the only advice i can give anyone that wants to do this is GOOD LUCK :wink: ...anywayz...here are the pics...

newgauges.jpg

newgauges1.jpg

yeah...those don't really impress me too much either...and actually, there's a switch that's supposed to change them from blue to green...that pic was on BLUE...LoL... :lol: ...you can't really tell a difference when you flip the switch though...its kinda stupid... :roll: