i knew i wasn't seeing things!

stockgp

a while back i posted about seeing a 94-ish cutlass with 442 decals. the only guys that replied said the old man probably put them on the car himself. but today, i went to acquire a new bolt for mah starter from the stealership. while standing at the parts desk i look on one of the lifts and saw a black 3.4 cs with the same gold 442 stickers. i asked the guy if there was anything special about it, and he told me (like i kind of figured) that it was just a sticker package. yeah i know, no big deal, but i thought they were pretty neat-looking. oh and i ended up getting the bolt for free cuz the guy just happened to have one laying on the desk. so all in all, not a bad trip to the stealership :wink:

I guess if you want to get technical the original '64 442 got it's name from the 4-barrel carb, 4-speed muncie,and dual exhaust. But this was revised in '65 when gm allowed 400CI motors in intermediate class cars.

I guess if you want to get technical the original '64 442 got it's name from the 4-barrel carb, 4-speed muncie,and dual exhaust. But this was revised in '65 when gm allowed 400CI motors in intermediate class cars.

Damn strait!!! Get it right man. I was about to reply with that when I read this second post.

my grandpa told me it was 4 barrel carbs, 4 headlights, and dual exhaust, that obviously isnt true.

As is i already knew it stood for 4 barrel carbs, 4 speed, and dual exhaust.

a while back i posted about seeing a 94-ish cutlass with 442 decals...

Along with some bad ass G-Body Cutlasses, here's some pics of a '94 with the package: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/494256/1

Hot damn that 85 442 is schweet!!! I used to dream of building a 85-87 442 and slapping on one of those repop "60's style 442" hoods.

maybe I should get the decal package, then I could change my screen name to 97Cutlass442Edition and make a million fuckin' posts about how great/special the damn sticker package is.

maybe I should get the decal package, then I could change my screen name to 97Cutlass442Edition and make a million fuckin' posts about how great/special the damn sticker package is.

noooooooo, we already have petty to do that.