WHEEL ?'s....since I can't find a previous post(I think?)

mfewtrail

I think I posted something about modifying the "fan" style wheels over on the 60degreeV6 board, yet I can't seem to find it so I'll ask something about em here. First of all, can they be "mirror polished?" If so, do you do this like you would other aluminum...ie: starting with a certain grit sand paper and sanding...etcetera, etc. etc.? I have no clue about this and was just wondering as I've pretty much decided that my extra set of hi-po torque stars are gonna be used for my 01(to put drag radials and/or possibly slicks on when I start modding it) unless I go with the custom wheel adapters or whatever.....I figure I'll join the AE077 crowd if all fails since that is the only wheel that I like on GP's usually......but I'd like to do something to make the stock wheels look better for now...thanks for input/advice...and damn I need to learn to be a little more concise :roll:

Most aluminum can be polished, just get past the paint and take your time. Use wet 400 grit, then 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2200 and even 2400 then clearcoat polishing compound, then wax, and you'll have near-chrome. I'll be doing this to my wheels too, when I get that 8th day per week I've been requesting from the government :) Also it;s a good idea to get a dremel tool for the edges and creases. Keep me posted if you decide to do it

I AM going to do it...just a matter of when.....I'm taking a month off from work starting the 21st.....well actually I'm quitting my MAIN job since I hate nightshift as I've posted b4...but I'm still gonna be working at the body shop I work at.. me and my brother-in-law are gonna tackle this project sometime soon hopefully and thanks for the info.

ok excellent. I have a feeling I'll be using power tools, cause I think I'll need to take more material off. The "painted" inserts on my wheels are a very rough texture and I'm thinking I want it mirror. Wish I had a sand blaster!