GP Low Trac Light

supreme_style21

the GP overlay i got for my cutty has the shift light though and not the LOW TRAC light...
Did you get your overlay yet? I was curious of whether you actually wire in to the cluster's dimmer wire and it dims with the car's dimmer switch, or is the dimmer on a separate switch that needs to be mounted elsewhere?

the dimmer for mine is a seperate switch that you have to mount elsewhere...the one i got also has a switch to change the color from blue to green...it says in the instructions Not to hook the wire for the cluster into the factory dimmer switch because it could blow the bulbs out...you're supposed to hook it into you're parklight switch..or, i suppose you coudl just hook it to a 12v accesorry and you could have you're cluster light on all the time like some of the newer cars...if you want, i can take a pic and post it!?

the dimmer for mine is a seperate switch that you have to mount elsewhere...the one i got also has a switch to change the color from blue to green...it says in the instructions Not to hook the wire for the cluster into the factory dimmer switch because it could blow the bulbs out...you're supposed to hook it into you're parklight switch..or, i suppose you coudl just hook it to a 12v accesorry and you could have you're cluster light on all the time like some of the newer cars...if you want, i can take a pic and post it!?
I've seen the ones that supposedly change from blue to green to red to purple, so I thought that the "rheostat" knob changed the color, but now I see that it changes the brightness. Good info to know, thanks!

I think the extra lights in your clusters were for other cars. Maybe the GP clusters were also used in other GM cars that might have had a manual transmission option. I know the Trans Am owned by a guy I know has a very similar looking cluster to the '94-'96 GP/CS cluster.

The look of the 94-96 clusters is similar to the Firebird's, but they aren't the same size. The 94-96's have more in common with the 97-03 GP's cluster, but again, appearance only.

As far as this topic goes, only the 94-96 GP, 95-96 Regal, and 95-97 Cutty have the same identical clusters only with different overlays...

well, i got my GP cluster today and YES, it does have a Low Trac Light...thats kinda shady that the overlay doesnt have it...but, like i said before, it kinda got annoying to me anywayz...i mean, if you're brakes are locked up and you're sliding what sense is it to tell you?...it might as well just say..."HOLD ON...YOU'RE ABOUT TO WRECK"!...

i mean, if you're brakes are locked up and you're sliding what sense is it to tell you?...it might as well just say..."HOLD ON...YOU'RE ABOUT TO WRECK"!...
:bonk: No shit! The stupid light lights up a couple of seconds after the ABS kicks in anyway, so it's no big surprise when it starts flashin at ya...

Where did you get your cluster, and how much did you spend?

well, i got my GP cluster today

so hurry up and get those guage faces installed. detailed pics/instructions will make a nice "how to" thread.

thanks in advance :D

i got my cluster from a yard in Bellvue, Ohio (which is about 50 miles from me)...it was $50...and they even delivered it (advantages of being a mechanic and workin for my uncle!)...i was suprised when i got it to find that it only had about 40k miles on it...i need to move it up to the 67k that's on my car though...ALSO...i already installed the overlay...its VERY EASY...you can actually slide it right over top of the needles so, you don't even have to take them off!...i can take some pics of the cluster with the overlay in it if ya want, but i don't have it installed in my car yet!...i will start a new thread with day and night pics once i get it in the car!...

Fuckin' A, you don't even need to remove the needles?!? Can't wait to see the pics!!!

I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the cluster outside of the car...

alright...i'll get those pics up sometime...i'm busy tonight and tomarrow (if it doesnt rain)...but, i'll try to get em up in any time that i can find, or i'll deff. have em up by sunday!

mine has the light or at least its there on the cluster, but ive never seen it go on and ive purposly got pretty sideways in the winter and still nothin.... my friend can get his to come on in his 94 camaro but only when we are doin doughnuts

mine has the light or at least its there on the cluster, but ive never seen it go on and ive purposly got pretty sideways in the winter and still nothin....
Were you locking up the brakes at all? It only comes on when you're braking hard and the ABS is kicking in...

yes ive done that a few times just to play with the ABS in the winter and still nothing...either the lights out... or its just a spot for it and there is no light behind it or whatever... its not worth my time to see a little light come on though lol

On my '01 GP, it has a Perf Shift light and a Shift Up light. Now this is very strange since there are no manual trans in the newer GPs and the Performance Shift was stopped in '97. When I had the cluster out yesterday, I found that there were blubs in those also.