leather vs. cloth

no1kicker

I know I saw huge chunks of leather on eBay for like $30 awhile ago. You could always buy a big sheet of it and then sew it to the cloth seats.

I would love to see an amatuer take on that task :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I wanted leather seats in my car I would. I've never seen rear buckets in leather, so I'd have to to keep the buckets in the rear.

If I wanted leather seats in my car I would. I've never seen rear buckets in leather, so I'd have to to keep the buckets in the rear.

cutty 'verts and TGPs had them as options....

Mine are leather.. Apparently the mexicans who did them (yes, Mexicans, all the seats had "Jose" written on them somewhere.. got most of it off) went over the orignal ripped tan leather with this shitty synthetic stuff.

I like my newly aquired leather. :mrgreen:

TSTE_interior.jpg

Though I went through hours of hell to clean it. I should have taken some before pictures. I guess that's what you get when already dirty seats spend a year in a junkyard. The driver's seat isn't in the best of conditions, but I wanted it bad enough that I didn't care anymore. They'll do until I find the graphite leather ones.

what did those seats come from?

An STE..

Ever sit in a leather seat in -40 or even +30, I find the appeal of leather is lost quickly under such circumstances, it also won't last very well.

there are things called seat heaters......and again, leather WILL last as long as you take care of it....

And every single leather seat came with them?????? And again leather will not outlast cloth with severe climate changes like Canada has.. No matter how great you think you're armourall or whatever is.

I had charcoal leather for about 4 years. Got them while they were still in good shape (6 yrs old at the time) they weren't stiff, weren't cracked, didnt discolor or anything. They even kept a satin look. Because they weren't hardened, they didn't get too hot or too cold in extreme temperatures. That was no issue.

Just as leather is good when taken care of, so is cloth. If I had to choose between the leather I had in my other car(s), or the cloth I have now, it would be a tough choice. Maybe leather for the fact that it doesn't absorb smells, but my cloth doesn't do that either since I regularly shampoo the whole interior.

My answer is Leather, but only if the door panels match.

And every single leather seat came with them??????

they are only like $75 and a hour to install :roll:

someone mentioned vinyl .....hell, I would rather have vinyl then leather....

yeah i had some pleather seats in my old e-class... they sucked. they ripped too easy and since that car had no ac and only one working window, they gave everyone who sat in it a severe case of swamp-ass