Idiot light wiring query

Dirty Rockstar

Just a quick one.. Seeing as how the Idiot lights and turn signal indicators all get their signals to turn on from the wires in the dash harness, could I, theoretically, just run the wires to individual bulbs, then ground them somewhere? because this will be the final Hurtle in Operation Digital Lumina..

well in automobiles damn near everything ties to one ground, even my temp sender in my ciera was a 1 wire setup, so i think it ought to work just fine.

I'm certain that it would work just fine. There are some idiot lights like "Low Coolant" and "Shift" that light up when they're grounded, but I don't know whether or not you'd even be using those. I know that the signals, high beams, seat belt, etc lights get a positive signal, though.

Well, the Hi Beam is integrated in the UB3.. Its the signales.. So Disco.. Youre tellin me NOT to ground the Shift light, Low Coolant, and the Turn Signals?

I'm sayin the sensors for "low coolant" and "shift" (well the "shift" signal comes from the ECM anyways) switch to ground so the lights light up when you ground them. The turn signals and high beams light up when 12 volts positive are supplied to them (so you could hook up the ground wire to the lamps permanently and use the wires from the cluster harness for 12V+.)

I know I'm not the best at explaining it in words, so bear with me :D . All I was saying was that there are a couple of lights that are activated differently than the rest (low coolant and shift come immediately to mind.)

So from what I understand, you're not using the idiot lights in the UB3 for the signals, etc. but want to hook up your own lights separate from the cluster, correct? You might want to double check the wires' polarity when you're hooking everything up...

The Idiot lights that are in the UB3 go as follows:

For Fuel Level: Low

For Volts: NA

For Coolant Temp: HOT

For Oil pressure: Low

Plus the High Beam indicator is there

Now, The rtest of the lights are just 194s, on a printed circuit with the Cutlass housing. They are as follows:

Fasten Belts

Low Coolant

Charge

Brake

Service Engine Soon

Shift

I just wanna wire in the 194s from the old cluster to the wires in the harness.. Thats all.. lol..

I traced the circuits, hope this helps.

Low coolant,SES,Antilock,charge light all share a common line.

Fastenbelts, trip/reset lighting,rt turn signal and shift indicator all share a common line

rt signal and e/m lighting share common , brake and shift indicator share a common.

I was assuming the common lines were grounds and was going to wire it like that but it would be nice to know if that is incorrect.