pitzel

Found a 1990 Cutlass Supreme 3.1 in the junkyard which they are going to let me pull the DIS and its related harness out of. I pretty much can take as much as I want out of the car.

Obviously I should pull the little storage doohickey part next to the DIS itself, but how much of the wiring harness can be removed, and how much of it is even useful so far as making it easier to attach the DIS to the car?

I understand the procedure on a 1992 Cutlass Supreme is to tap the harness. Can that entire harness from the 1990 Cutlass Supreme even be pulled from a donor car and easily reinstalled into the 1992 Cutlass Supreme?

I am planning on doing the UB3 (digital) cluster swap at the same time as the DIS installation. Currently have a UB3 (analog gauges) cluster. Am I setting myself up for disaster here?

Thanks

it is an easy install and well worth it, I would take about 18" of the harness just so you have something to work with, you will have to extend some wires anyway......good luck and post pics

In a 92, you probably could use the entire interior harness if you want to pull the entire dash out of both cars. 90-92 didn't see many changes to the wiring, only the cluster wiring that I'm aware of... and you want the 90 digital cluster anyway so it would be a cleaner install to swap the entire harness without cutting.

That's what I did on my truck to go from manual everything to power everything... only took a weekend, but then I think a W-body's dash is much crampier so it would be a bigger job.