Is it totaled (PICS INSIDE!!!)

gimp19

Is it totaled  

1. 1. Is it totaled

That car is without a doubt totalled. A new front facia and header panel alone will easily run into the thousands of dollars, add the possiblity of a new radiator and front end work on the steering and suspension and that car is as good as toast.

Steering and suspension damage out of THAT? I don't think so.

That car is without a doubt totalled. A new front facia and header panel alone will easily run into the thousands of dollars, add the possiblity of a new radiator and front end work on the steering and suspension and that car is as good as toast.

agreed

I drove it 15miles today and it still drives and handles exactly how it did before the accident, it dosn't get hot at all. If it gets totaled my the insurance co. hopefully we can find a parts car for a couple hundred dollars.

BTW does anyone know how insurance companies determine the Blue Book value.

I got $3,705 for the retail value.

I'd be killing that guy right about now. My car was fixable, it looked horrid after my accident, and it still drove the same. :x Fucking stupid.

I got $3,705 for the retail value.

I'd be killing that guy right about now. My car was fixable, it looked horrid after my accident, and it still drove the same. :x Fucking stupid.

???? I'm confused, $3,705 is what Kelly Blue Book says, My sister hasnt talked with the insurance co yet.

I do fell like beating the living shit out of her boyfriend though, he started shit with me the other day. He's an asshole and treats my sister like shit, even after he crashed her car into a pickup.

my GF had an accident JUST like that, rear-ended a pickup, almost same damage. Hers was a 96 GTP. i believe what the total was, was $1300? IF she posts she could tell you the actual amount, and no they didnt total her car. I can vouch that it still drives the same and now looks alot better cause of the newly repainted front end

... so I got back from the frame shop today, showed these guys the pic's (but didn't have time to post at the time)

the noted that the core support doesn't look damaged, but the front bumper supports may need to be stretched, along with the fender support framing on the passanger side.

there was no clear up close pictures straight down at the dammage with the hood up, so it's kinda hard to tell - but I will say it looks a LOT better then my Z looked after it's accident.

--Dave.

I could have done a much better job taking pics but was in a rush. I'll try to describe it, the bumber is bent so bad that it pushed the radiator just enough that it hits the pass. side cooling fan, under the hood the top radiator support (the thing the dogbones and strut braces connect to) is bent and pushed the dogbone alittle.

This car would be totaled even if the core support and unibody were perfect.

The fact that the core support is bent bad enough to bend the diagonal brace tells me this car is totaled without a doubt.

You could always buy it back and fix it with used parts, but I think the frame straightening will be big $$$.

im going to say its totalled at least by the ins companies standards. Also ins corps rarely use blue book to value your car. They will use NADA and will most likely take the "Dealer Cost" price as thier bench mark which is normally 10-15% lower than the "Purchase Price"

NADA also tends to rate things lower than KBB does.

That's true here too, all the insurance companies use NADA. Blue Book is greatly inflated to the seller's benefit.

I usually go by Edmunds when dealing. I think its prices are lowest, best for buyers. Plus, you can get price quotes online. NADA you can't.

How much is she getting for it?

My TGP got totaled by the hail damage, and they estimated the car's value at $2795. After a insane $990 buyback price, and some other bullshit, I left there with a $1000 check..

Guess how they estimated the total.. The supervisor looked on auto trader for TGP's.. found 2, added the prices together, and then averaged them. :?

I fought them with the NADA guides price listing for the TGP (Look them up if you don't know), and he basically dismissed.. They gave me $500 more after another bitching, but I knew that was all I was going to get. But, the car's finally paid off and mine now, that's a good feeling.

Moral of my rambling.. umm.. Not really sure, but I hope they treat her well.

I'm trying to get her to buy it back, she is talking to the insurance co tommarow to get more info on the price. Right now she's looking at a 98+ GTP or Aurora as an replacment.