GM's newest pushrod 3.5L

GPdriver1986

I was looking at this engine at the autoshow in malibu maxx, and its pretty much a 3100/3400 but it has different look and more power. What do you guys think will this engine be as strong as the old 2.8/3.1/3100/3400?

Im not a fan of the 3500 personally (its been out for almost a year now), its pretty weak for a next gen engine. Its GMs new 3100 really. There is some research going into using the larger plenum and such.

Im more intrested in this beauty:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15522

Dubbed the 3900, currently in production and to appear in the G6 GT as an option in the spring.

3.9L 60*v6 pushrod with variable valve timing, variable intake and displacement on demand. Slated to put out 240hp and 255tq NA stock with the base tune. GM white paper states the engine could be tuned to be up to 280-290hp with just changes to the PCM code thanks to VVT and VI :twisted:

Hmm... I think I like this new 3.9. Could be a possible swap for the future.

thats what im talking about, im already making friends at larger yards to get my hands on one of these as soon as some fool smashes thier brand new G6 :lol:

The trick will be the wiring, its all drive by wire and since it has all these new features like VVT and DOD you cant just use your old PCM.

Oh yeah and supposedly the new computer supports wide-band o2 sensors too 8)