Newest SES problem

skiiirt

So I was having the heat look at and the mechanic also replaced alot of wiring harnesses that were old and frayed. I got the car back and hered what was said

The Air Door Actuator/Motor Testing inspection turned up a code 109 (also called 09) and this states there is a Serial Data Line Failure. I have read the printout he gave me and it states that a two digit code indicates the fault is present and the 3 digit indicates an intermittent fault. I have the Intermittent.

He also replaced the Timing belt tensioner and I dont know if its because of an improper tensioning but the day after all this was done the car was revving at like 2000rpm and wouldn't drop. I tap the gas and it goes up and doesnt come back down. I then got 2 ses lights this morning a error code 13

Trouble Code 13 indicates that the exhaust stream oxygen-content sensor (O2 sensor)

and a

Trouble Code 35 indicates a problem with the Idle Speed Control (ISC) circuit

could he have improperly done the wiring harness?

Any input would be much appreciated.

okay.. you should re-read that and translate it..

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out what was said.. but here's my question, why'd he even touch the timing belt tensioner? did he replace the timing belt too? if not, then perhaps he should have.

what was the car doing that you brought it to him in the first place for? did all those wiring harnesses really need to be replaced, or was he just tryin' to take ya for a ride with your checkbook.

somethin' sounds really fishy 'bout that mechanic.

--Dave.

The engine when running was making a shuffling sound. Apparently the belt was too loose. It was stalling every single day at the same spot, and I have been having a problem with alot of the electronics, the computer would be throwing codes out at me. and not too mention my heat stopped working

The idle seems to never be consistant. He said when he scanned the computer it was throwing codes and giving the wrong info (the computer said it was revving at 100rpmwhen he knew and could hear it revving at 1200+)

He said alot of the wiring was very britle. he said alot of my hoses were mushy and almost useless. The guy only charged me like $50 to replace all the hoses and wiring harnesses.

He has worked on w-bodies since 1989. My friend used to take his 1989 there and always had good service. I dont know if he's tryin to take me.

With the timing belt he first had me call the people who waranteed the rebuilt engine. They basically told me to go to hell and its a maintenance thing (Initially thought the belt was on too tight). He told me he didnt even want to do the timing belt because it should have been under warantee. He has advised me to take the car back to various places that have done work for me because they should stand behind their service.

I.E the fuel pump is not maintaining pressure. I just replaced it at the local GM dealership.

So he's not saying this is your problem and I have to fix it. He knows how much money I have spent on it and he believes I should have a perfectly running car. He also understand I am a student and I dont have thousands to spend on restoration. But I could be wrong

Well, I'd have to agree with your mechanic. Anything that a dealership puts in should be waranteed for a certain number of miles.

As for your inconsistant idling, sounds like you got some bad electrical bugs that your mechanic just may not have the skills to tackle. You may want him to go through and double check all the connections when he replaced your harnesses.

I know my old Chrysler E-class had a similar idling problem and it turned out to be a faulty throttle position sensor. I'm not sure if it could be a similar situation in your car, you might want to check that out.