Plies split?

Lee

215/70/14 Dayton Daytona SR White letter.

My driverside front tire, which is about 9 months old, started squeeking as it went around. At first I thought it might be the uneven wear because the tires scallop a bit. I put it on the passenger side and now I get a pretty good shudder over 57 mph but no squeek. It sounds like plies split to me, rubbing together squeeking but when rotating in the opposite direction possibly, (word?) I can't get it expressed.

Anyway, I'd like opinions before I take it in. Having a fine time trying to find the receipt that should be in the car still.

umm i didnt know 14s would fit over the calipers.. you might be scraping the wheel well on the caliper..

FYI my rotors are 14inches alone without the caliper over them!(if i remember the size correctly)

umm i didnt know 14s would fit over the calipers.. you might be scraping the wheel well on the caliper..

FYI my rotors are 14inches alone without the caliper over them!(if i remember the size correctly)

you have bigger rotors than a '91 Regal.

no way jose ;) your fronts are either 10.5" or 11.25", and your rears are even smaller...

my 88 regal had it's factory 14" wheels.

and just so ya know, it's not typically the ply's the split on your radial (non-bias ply) tires, it's the steel belts that start to rip, or sepperate. This is EXTREMELY common on that tire size (the stock size for at least the regal's with the 14" rims) I had goodyear replace 3 FULL SETS of their integrity tires (really good tires in the summer when the weather is nice, but they suck fat nuts in the snow)

I'd go back and bitch 'bout them tires bein' f'd up.

--Dave.

yeah my '89 regal has it's stock 14s as well. My suggestion, who cares if that POS tire is shaking... scrap all 4 wheels and tires and put on a better wheel and tire package. That's my plan as soon as I got some cash

Buckethead, they weren't cheap. But yeah if the car were worth it I'd have put different wheels on long ago.

215/70/14 Dayton Daytona SR White letter Front 9 months old

225/70/14 Dayton Daytona SR White letter Rear 2 years old

$298 for all 4

And thanks DaveFromColorado I wanted some info before I called the Tires Plus store.

Thats why I still have 14's on my Cutlass, I was gonna spend a few hundred on wheels and tires but bought a Firebird instead. I didnt really want my wheels and tires to be worth more then the car.