dear god please help ** found problem-never mind

dohc v6

ok i have been complaining a lot about my idle but i need your help.

car is 94 lumina z34

first off when i got my car a while back i gave it a marvel bath and cleaned it all out. it worked perfectly after that. i then went to do my timing belt and the oil drive pmp seal. so i got it all back together and i had a bad vaccum leak on the intake manifold. soi fixed it and it worked better with a little fluction. so i did the lower intake manifold againe and i started it back up and heres what i got. at idle in park it is ok couldbe better but when i turn the air on it is really bad and when i turn the lights on it makes the vaccum go a little lower. now with it in drive it is worse than in park. it feels like a spark plug wire is not connected or is back wards. you can hear the miss relly bad. now i know it is not a vaccum leak because i did it perfect. also i read the book and it says to spray soapy water all over to see if there is a vaccum leak. i did that and the egr was bubling. also a code came up po131 meaning upsteam o2 sensor is voltage to low. i just replaced the o2 sensor 10 miles a go.

i think it could be a coil, fuel filter, egr, pcv, injector. what else could it be.

also i replaced everthing except the coil egr and injector i did everthing in a minor tune up.

please help

.. you've got a 94 .. I just realized that.. have you checked your mas air meter to make sure it's free of all debris? if it's pluged up a bit by the sensor, that could cause this issue.. also, if it's been sprayed with any chemicals (even the oil from using a K&N filter can kill the meter) - just a few thoughts there for ya..

--Dave.

it was laying on top of dirt. could that really do anything. i also have a 93 ls1 side metal maf pats with the 94 stock platic block. i know this did nothing because it was ok with it on there a long time ago. and also the 94 came with sequential fuel injection

I'd try to find a new MAF at the j-yard and see if that can correct the problem, it sounds like it's just not reading the ammount of air your engine is takin' in. sitting in dirt could really HARM that thing too, they are faily touchy.

--Dave.

i will change that out. would that really do anything. you dont think it is an injector. also i put a fuel gauge on my fuel rail and got 40 psi and turned it on and it went up and down

Are you 100% positive one of the spark plugs/wires didnt get damaged? My brothers Caprice was idling like crap and missfiring really bad during all types of driving. Turns out we damaged a wire while installing headers :x

Are you 100% positive one of the spark plugs/wires didnt get damaged? My brothers Caprice was idling like crap and missfiring really bad during all types of driving. Turns out we damaged a wire while installing headers :x

Another reason for me swapping the harness. z34_nut was telling me today that one of his buddies was having the same problems as me. Ended up being wiring. My harness swap is beginning to look promising.

i just replaced the o2 sensor 10 miles a go.

please help

Do we just have one O2 sensor, or is there one on each manifold? I can't remember if mine had 2 and I can't see the rear manifold without taking the engine apart.

Generally you use the soap water on pressurized fittings (I do it at work) Vacuum will just suck the soap solution into the part and you wont see any bubbles. Check your ignition wires with an ohmeter. Can you hear any leaks? Or try sticking some tubing in your ear and go all around the engine with the other end.

i have not tryed the tubing but did try the soapy water. and also when i was plying with the map sensor the vaccum tube for the fuel pressure regulator fell off and the car ran a lot better. it does still jump a little and when the air is on it is on the verge of stalling . should i pay gm 99.00 o tell me everthing wrong with the car.

check your voltage in idle.. Is your battery holding a good charge?

also

it sounds like your motor isnt running very well with a load. Does it drive ok? if so your altinator is fine it may be an electrical issue somewhere. When i say electical it might be a bad sensor or wire.

i just replaced the o2 sensor 10 miles a go.

please help

Do we just have one O2 sensor, or is there one on each manifold? I can't remember if mine had 2 and I can't see the rear manifold without taking the engine apart.

your car will only have one, 96+ cars would have 2 or more

i found out that it is cyclinder 6 on the scan tool. so i pulled off the plug and i got nothing as far as a missfire so something with 6 is bad. so i change out the plug and checked the wire and nothing. soi checked the coil and nothing. so what else could it be and could this be causing my problem. and aftera while of sitting in idle the o2 sensor for bank 1 will come up. saying that voltage is to low. would this do anything

Are you getting spark on that cylinder? If you take all your coils off, you can check the ohms on each on between the pins on the bottom and compare them with each other. (It might tell what they should be in the manual)

i cleaned the lower and upper manifolds with a little emery paper. i did not use a dremal and then i cleaned them with alcohol. i am going to bring my car to pontiac to get it scaned for 90 dollars and will let you know what it is.

well i just got a call from the pontiac dealer. they said they have a lot of questions. you know they ask what is this ( the intake) then they will make up some lame excuse to not being anble to find my problem. if i find out i will let you know what it is.