what kinda cutlass is this??

Stealth

a couple of months ago I saw this car pull up beside me at the lights, it said cutlass on it and it had the new oldsmobile logo on it, it looked to be around a 96-99, it didnt look like any car Ive ever seen before, I cant really remember what it looked like. any one have any idea what I could be. any wierd oldsmobiles built???

it's a dressed-up Malibu

they're called a Cutlass, not a Cutlass Supreme

the last Cutlass made by Olds. oh well, it wasn't a big lost considering what the car had become.

from what i heard that car prety much filled the gap till the alero was out

no. the Intrigue was the Cutlass/Supreme's replacement. the Alero replaced the Achievia.

You guys have never seen the newest cutlass before? There are a ton driving around here. Basically a rebadged malibu.

Those things are like a plague of locusts around here.

from what i heard that car prety much filled the gap till the alero was out

no. the Intrigue was the Cutlass/Supreme's replacement. the Alero replaced the Achievia.

Yup. The last W-body Olds was the Intrigue. They used the Cutlass name again from '98 to around '01 on a N-cody car similar to the Malibu. I think it's a shame that that dinky car was the last Olds to wear the classic Cutlass name. :(

they must not have them in canada them cause thats the only one Ive ever seen does anyone have any pics or specs or whatever

for specs, look up a Malibu, because it's just a dressed-up Malibu.

it looks like a Malibu too, has a different grill and wheels, but not much else.

its a malibu wtf is the point of that?

Competition. Same reason there is/was the Grand Am/Achiva/Skylark just for example. Take a look at GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile.. all have similar looking models.

they must not have them in canada them cause thats the only one Ive ever seen does anyone have any pics or specs or whatever

Lots of them in Canada I have worked on quite a few.

i'd take one over my w-body anyday

FWIW: they are actually pretty nice, and the quality of the interior and the ride compared to a Malibu is like comparing a base lumina to a loaded Cutty Supreme....