the benefit of rebuilt

maybe2fast

I talked to the guy that was probably the one that rebult my motor at the rebuilder company. I have a rebuilt 3.1 in my car with about 84,xxx on it and it runs great. I was talking to him and he said on the 3.1's they usually bore the cylinder walls out 20-40 over! tight! Then I asked about the heads I got new springs and rocker arms but the best part is the heads were shaved about 10 thousandths. tight! so bigger bore and alittle higher compression! the cams were either new or reground also so with the intake and gutted cat and the FFP chip, I'd say my little 3.1 is alright.

I bet not...

I forgot you have the CF hood :lol:

You kidding?? That hood probably gives him like 30285230975 hp at the crank! You heard his tires squeal when he pulled out at Kensington... fucking scary if you ask me. Family sedan fuckin up the pavement here!! :lol:

how much do you guys think my compression went up?

hmm....I bet its the same as stock, if not lower. Since you have 80 something thousand on it, the "shaved" heads only make up for whats' been lost in those 80K miles

if I remember correctly ... boring an engine to a larger can reduce compression ratios, and then shavin' the head could take it back up to normal, but I'd have to sit down and calculate all the crappy little number again..

I might be wrong, probably am - but I htink I'm right on this one.

--Dave.

once i get done with my iron duke swap...nobody on this board will be able to even touch my car...

DUDE, i'm iron duke swaping my car too, its gona be so fast...

Wo a .020 over bore!!!

God dang thats like, rubbing a piece of 1000 grit sandpaper over the bores once. Yah .020 isn't anything. Mine is .030, and that is a minor bore. As for the head deck, I forgot how much they trimmed mine up, but it bumped me to like 10.07:1 after they did the test.

Also just how many "cams" do you have?