shaving the trunk lock

Cornerdealy

If you want practice, go to a "Pick-a-part" type boneyard and buy a couple of old decklids (reason I say that is because those types of boneyards sell their parts cheaper.) Definitely check out The Eastwood Company for their Panel Flangers:

Panel Flanger 1

Panel Flanger 2

They also sell a bunch of other restoration tools, chemicals, paints, etc...

Is it simply just filling it with bondo or something like that and then sanding and painting?

Yeah, if your name's MacGyver :lol: .

To do it the right way you have to make up a sheet metal patch panel roughly 2 1/2" X 3 1/2". Cut out an area around the lock that would leave 1/2" around the inside of the area where the patch panel will sit. Using a special "recessing" tool (from the Eastwood company) use it to recess the perimiter of the area for the patch panel to sit in flush. Tack weld it in place, grind the welds smooth, coat with a light coat of bondo, prime, and paint. Follow all that? I'm sure you could find a write-up somewhere that details it better than I could ever explain :lol: .

Long story short, use a patch panel and don't try to fill in the hole with bondo!!!

i did mine with bondo it it looks fine i still have to finnish it

Is it simply just filling it with bondo or something like that and then sanding and painting?

Yeah, if your name's MacGyver :lol: .

To do it the right way you have to make up a sheet metal patch panel roughly 2 1/2" X 3 1/2". Cut out an area around the lock that would leave 1/2" around the inside of the area where the patch panel will sit. Using a special "recessing" tool (from the Eastwood company) use it to recess the perimiter of the area for the patch panel to sit in flush. Tack weld it in place, grind the welds smooth, coat with a light coat of bondo, prime, and paint. Follow all that? I'm sure you could find a write-up somewhere that details it better than I could ever explain :lol: .

Long story short, use a patch panel and don't try to fill in the hole with bondo!!!

if u could get some pics i would appreciate it.

I'm sure it looks fine now, but give it another year. That shit's going to crack and fall out, I guarantee it! Bondo isn't meant to fill in huge holes, just to smooth out imperfections in metalwork and that's it. Trust me, I've done my experimenting with bondo before (even the fiberglass bondo) and the shit will crack and fall out.

I'm sure it looks fine now, but give it another year. That shit's going to crack and fall out, I guarantee it! Bondo isn't meant to fill in huge holes, just to smooth out imperfections in metalwork and that's it. Trust me, I've done my experimenting with bondo before (even the fiberglass bondo) and the shit will crack and fall out.

My dad said the same thing