Cutlass Supreme SX

WhiteOut

Has anyone seen any of these floating around. I keep seeing at least three differant ones here in the Grand Rapids area. It appears to be an 88-92' style Cutlass with a differant ground effects package that kind of reminds me of the Razi kit, but it has "Cutlass Supreme SX" embossed into the rear bumper in 2" tall letters. I've seen two differant white ones and a red one today when I went to pick up some parts from NAPA. Just wondered if perhaps this was a dealer installed package, entrirely possible since every one of them has had a Grand Olds Sticker on the trunk, or if it was a factory setup.

Guest Anonymous

There was a discussion about this a few months ago in the auction section. The thread is gone now but there was one on ebay. Pretty sure it's a dealer installed package.

Years ago I used to see a few. Then coincidentally when that one was on eBay this summer, I saw one driving around town. All the ones I've seen were white. If you compare the ground effects, it looks like the Razi ones were derived from the SX ones.

I've seen some 92-up convertible SX's. Nothing different about the body, but they had SX emblems and "SX" embroidered on the seats.

They were dealer conversions too.

i have no idea what you guys are talkin about....pics work great ya know! :wink:

Hey, if you can find one somewhere you worlds ahead of me. Believe me I tried to find one when I started this thread, forty five minutes of searching the web yielded nothing.

Yes they made the SX cutlass supremes between 89 and 92. It wasnt some dealer add on. What made them special was the International ground effects , sticker package and that they came with 3.4s in them.

The ones I've seen didn't have International ground-effects, they had an aftermarket kit, and they aren't in the parts catalog. I'm 99.999% sure they're a dealer conversion since there are ZERO in my area kind of like the FE3 Phantoms.

... What made them special was the International ground effects...

The ground effects are completely differant than those on an international series Cutlass.

Yeah, thats not the SX that I've seen either. The only ones I've seen are pre-midcycle redesign in 92'. That one appears to be playing off the 70-71' Cutlass SX's, nice looking car though.

that looks like just another DOHC cutty ragtop. except for embroidered head rests.

Thats becuase thats all that one is. Thats all the 70's Cutlass SX was too, but it came from the factory that way. I wish I could find a picture of the ones I'm talking about.