Knocking noise up front

Kalgorn

I've had this problem for a while now but never did anything about it (I know... I'm a dumbass). However it's starting to worry me because I'd really rather it not be something big or atleast start something big. I'm hearing some sort of knocking sound coming from, especially, the front right as I drive. It gets faster the quicker the car is moving and at higher speeds it almost sounds like it's coming from the entire front end. The car vibrates from it too. The sound may be coming from the back-right also. I can't quite remember.

I was thinking perhaps it's just that my wheels need to be balanced. I'm hoping that's all it is because it won't cost much.

Any ideas?

Not the lug nuts. I checked them a little while ago. I'm going to either find a place near my apartment to look at them (but not touch.. I've got a mechanic here at home to do that) and see what they can find.

I may have a bit of an oil leak too. Bless the W-Body! :roll: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I know what the noise was. I believe it was my rear right tire. It just sounded like it was coming from the front because it was only loud when I was moving quickly. Now that I have that tire replaced I haven't noticed the noise at all and it rides much smoother. No more crazy vibrations. I'm glad that tire lasted as long as it did.