Bad luck with my euro, and a Z34 i test drove all in 2 days

Hairdo12

Wens, I am stopped totally on the I290 in Amherst NY because of construction at night. Some ass clown truck driver decides this will be a fine time to merge into my left rear side from the the rear of the wheel well to the middle of the rear door. All I can say is, he is a moron. $1800 damage... but all it needs is really a new door from the junk yard and some bondo on a very small section of the quarter panel. Oh and the molding around the wheel well is damaged.

As for the Z34 I test drove: me and a friend took a drive south to PA (from Buffalo) to take a look at a 93 Z34. When we get there the guy reminded us that it slipped a little bit in OD. I thought no big deal, probably not as bad as you would think. took it for a test drive down a hill, and back up... on the way back up the hill, the tranny downshifted into 2 but the rpms kepts going up and you could feel the tranny slipping more and more. Almost made it back to the guys house when we heard the worst grinding noise and then zero power to the road and the car started rolling backwards leaving about 6-7 quarts of tranny fluid on the road. I was so close but so far away from joining the Z34 club but i guess i will have to keep looking for one. :shrug:

Wens, I am stopped totally on the I290 in Amherst NY because of construction at night. Some ass clown truck driver decides this will be a fine time to merge into my left rear side from the the rear of the wheel well to the middle of the rear door. All I can say is, he is a moron. $1800 damage... but all it needs is really a new door from the junk yard and some bondo on a very small section of the quarter panel. Oh and the molding around the wheel well is damaged.

As for the Z34 I test drove: me and a friend took a drive south to PA (from Buffalo) to take a look at a 93 Z34. When we get there the guy reminded us that it slipped a little bit in OD. I thought no big deal, probably not as bad as you would think. took it for a test drive down a hill, and back up... on the way back up the hill, the tranny downshifted into 2 but the rpms kepts going up and you could feel the tranny slipping more and more. Almost made it back to the guys house when we heard the worst grinding noise and then zero power to the road and the car started rolling backwards leaving about 6-7 quarts of tranny fluid on the road. I was so close but so far away from joining the Z34 club but i guess i will have to keep looking for one. :shrug:

not that hard to find a decent z34 for cheap, don't ever get a z with a hurting tranny, it will only lead to serious problems (obviously)

well if he droped the price enough, i'd get it and then get the tranny rebuilt. but the car would have to be damn cheep in the first place.l

it's not THAT hard to find a good clean z34, never get a ragged out one, it generally ends up very bad if you have a neglected 3.4 under the hood. i was sorta looking for a z34 for about a year when i had my cutlass and in that year i think i saw 2 for sale around here, one was my neighbors which was and still is a total rust bucket and POS, then i found mine, and its in much much better shape. and the owner could tell me things like when the timing belt was last changed and brakes and stuff.

it's never hard to find a nice Z34..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: RIGHT! :roll:

at least around here they are very rare...i was fortunate enuf to find mine...the rest were mainly treated like shit. i'm yet to find a Z34 nicer than mine was!

geez it took forever just to find a Z for parts let alone a whole one I'd consider buying. As everyone said you're better off not having one then buying one that's beat to hell.