Big Oil Leak

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was home for the day and checked on the 92.. I had a tarp thing under it to stop mositure, and noticed a decent amount of oil on it. I would assume this to be the O-ring, is this an easy fix? Like that i can do in a weekend before i take it in to get the other problems fixed.

You need to remove the heads to do it right. Since you're having head gaskets done(right?), have them do it at the same time. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes extra once they're in there.

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm... may not be the HG from what i've been told. It could be the timing is off. It didnt smoke once today and ran really good. No starting problems either.

Anyway... I know the o-ring is usually bad so I figured thats whats going on.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think its the HG... ive been doing some research into it, and if i'm lucky, the guy didn;t time the cams right when he "fixed it" three years ago. Also, if there was any sort of severe engine damage like he said, there's no way that the car would have been driven for three years under normal use.

I don't think its the HG... ive been doing some research into it, and if i'm lucky, the guy didn;t time the cams right when he "fixed it" three years ago. Also, if there was any sort of severe engine damage like he said, there's no way that the car would have been driven for three years under normal use.

Just to be safe, i wouldn't run it until you're SURE what is wrong with it. A simple fix could lead to needing a new engine.

Just to be safe, i wouldn't run it until you're SURE what is wrong with it. A simple fix could lead to needing a new engine.

:werd: Let's assume it is the head gasket for a second. The more you run it with a popped gasket, the more damage you're doing to the block and heads. Also, coolant could find its way into the oil pan and you could spin a bearing...

On a side note, I have an "Even Worse" avatar pic for ya:

B00000HZYJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Guest Anonymous

ahhaha... nice avatar.

If it is the HG, the hell with it. I dont want to spend more than 2k fixing it... if its going to be alot of work, Im just going to look for a loaded 94-96 b4u coupe. When I come home again, its going in to be looked at...