Cluster Swap - odometer question

SmoothSteve3

So when you guys swap out the base lumina cluster with the euro/z34 cluster, do you just say "to hell with it" when it comes to the odometer? I mean, do you look for one with similar mileage, or do you just throw in any odometer with any mileage on it?

you have to set it to the mileage thats on your car now. How you do that I have no clue, I had someone else replace mine. Then the DMV has to certify it. Or just say fuck it and swap em :D

when i had the cluster for mine, i had to roll the odo back (my car had 96000 miles, the donor car for the cluster had 173,000)

i ended up not using it since i sold my lumina, so i didnt bother, and sold it to z34_nut, who used the speedhut overlays, and probably tossed the rest away.

I am an Odometer rolling MASTER!! lol.. Check this pic...

Current_mileage_on_the_new_speedo.JPG

That odo read 104k miles.. lol.. I rolled it to the CORRECT mileage for the car! lol.. God, Im so glad I know I kick ass..

I just did the same thing on the GP cluster I got for my Regal (rolled it from 60k to 180k.) And yes, we did cover this a couple of days ago :roll: . I even posted pics...

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21347

A Lumina cluster should be no different, as I notice no difference between the 95 Grand Prix cluster's Odometer and ones on my old 92 LeSabre and 85 Grand Am (upgraded to an 89 gauges cluster.)