Help! Throttle body cleaning problem (with pics)

HokemBokem

Hey well I bought the Valvoline throttle body cleaner, took off my stock tube and this is what I found.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/hokembokem/throttlebody.jpg

it looks like some sort of screen covering the metal throttle body but im not sure???? heres another pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/hokembokem/throttlebody2.jpg

I dont know how to take it off, so how do i clean my throttle body? Can i just spray the cleaner into that?

That's the screen in front of the MAF, not the MAF itself. The screens purpose is to straighten out the air before the MAF for a more accurate reading. There is a big C clip holding it it.

This is what the TB looks with the screen taken out.

tb2.gif

That little hole is where the MAF sensor is.

You probably should take it out before you clean it.

you can actually take that out in fact if you really want it out of there shove a damn screw driver in it and get it out of there... (helps with flow) less restriction.

and, personally yea i would remove the MAF sensor or any sensor that wouldn't like to get wet.

That's the screen in front of the MAF, not the MAF itself. The screens purpose is to straighten out the air before the MAF for a more accurate reading. There is a big C clip holding it it.

This is what the TB looks with the screen taken out.

tb2.gif

That little hole is where the MAF sensor is.

You probably should take it out before you clean it.

i swear that resembles something ... (i'm dirty minded)

The screen both straigtens air flow and acts as a flame arrestor. 3800's have a major issue with back firing when the engine is shut down and since its a straight shot to the paper air filter they put a flame arrestor on the TB. You should be able to ammcomplish the TB cleaning just fine with it in place.