Will I need wheel spacers?

90TGP

The wheels I want to get have a 38mm offset. The factory offset is at 25mm. Will I need wheel spacers?

Since the new offset is higher, doesn't that mean that the wheel will be closer to the car, or further out?

If I do need spacers, what size should I get so that I can retain the stock appearance?

You won't NEED wheel spacers, but the new wheels will be more tucked in (closer to the car) by about 13mm (1/2") so if you want them to stick out the same amount, you would need spacers.

They'll certainly fit without spacers though, the factory 5-stars on my 94 Cutlass convertible are +38mm offset and on my '89 are +44mm offset.

My brother got some new Axis 18's for his Malibu. So I wanted to put his stock rims on my Euro to replace the ugly ass stl wheels/hubcaps. They didnt fit, they hit the front calipers and miss the rears by like 1/8in. I guess I will need at least 1" spacers. Do they make them that wide? Any recommendations? Also will I need new bolts cause now there will only be like 1/2in sticking out past the nut after they are mounted. I might just use Loctite or something on them to make sure they dont come out.

If your wheels rubbed like mine did, use a 5/16" spacer. The lugs were long enough for the lugnuts to be fully threaded. As long as the lugnut is fully threaded then you won't have anything to worry about. If you use a wider spacer, you'll have to replace your wheel lugs. I just torqued mine down and drove on. Still on there and the lug nuts aren't loose at all. Just check them after you put them on and drive for a few miles, to make sure they aren't backing off or anything of that nature.