Grand Prix Gauge Questions

terryk2003

well...i called another yard today...i asked em for a cluster for a '96 GP, but they didnt have any...they DID have one for a '95 for $50...BUT, heres the part i still don't understand: ...he says that '95 says if fits 95 ONLY...96 for 96 ONLY 94 for 94 ONLY...what the hell is the difference?...and what's the difference with my cutty?...i know some of the idiot lights are different...but, do ALL THE OTHER idiot lights still work when you swap the clusters? (low fuel, low oil, temp, battery, brake, etc.)...will the gauges still READ CORRECTLY?... :roll:

STOP LISTENING TO THE FUCKING YARDS......ANY 94-96 WILL PLUG RIGHT IN AND FUNCTION CORRECTLY......

well...SORRY... :oops: ...i just wannna make sure when i dish out my $$$ i'm getting what i need...and i wanna make sure EVERYTHING works correctly...and, i figured there's gotta be some reason they are all so specific...i dunno what it is, and maybe it doesnt matter...but, as long as everything is gonna function correctly...all the idiot lights work...all the gauges read correctly...then i'm gonna call the yard back tomarrow and tell em to send me the one for the '95 GP...

well...SORRY... :oops: ...i just wannna make sure when i dish out my $$$ i'm getting what i need...and i wanna make sure EVERYTHING works correctly...and, i figured there's gotta be some reason they are all so specific...i dunno what it is, and maybe it doesnt matter...but, as long as everything is gonna function correctly...all the idiot lights work...all the gauges read correctly...then i'm gonna call the yard back tomarrow and tell em to send me the one for the '95 GP...

everything works perfect......the GP cluster won't have the LOW TRAC light though.........

everything works perfect......the GP cluster won't have the LOW TRAC light though.........

Yes, it will. I drove a '95 GP, and when I lost trac, that light came on.

actually, i'm with jeremy on this one...i'm pretty sure the GP doesnt have the LOW TRAC light...that was the only difference i saw on my overlay...the GP has a 2nd gear start light, which my cutty won't be needing...but, i guess since you're saying it works and you HAVE a GP cluster for you're cutty...i'll take you're word and just call and order the cluster tomarrow...thanx

actually, i'm with jeremy on this one...i'm pretty sure the GP doesnt have the LOW TRAC light...that was the only difference i saw on my overlay...the GP has a 2nd gear start light, which my cutty won't be needing...but, i guess since you're saying it works and you HAVE a GP cluster for you're cutty...i'll take you're word and just call and order the cluster tomarrow...thanx

It does, I've seen it. Maybe it doesn't on the later incarnations, or something, but the Grand Prix I drove most definitely had a "LOW TRAC: light. It's blue.

You're all wrong. It does have the low trac light, but it's amber not blue. The ProCarParts overlay has a stupid "UP" arrow on it where the cluster has the low trac light (why, I have no earthly idea.)

I'll take a pic of my cluster later tonight with me shining a flashlight through the back so you can see the low trac light!!!

I second that you should forget what the yards say, they're just covering their asses in case there was a chance it'd be wrong (but in this case it isn't...)

The ProCarParts overlay has a stupid "UP" arrow on it where the cluster has the low trac light (why, I have no earthly idea.)

so does the one i got from Makoto Auto Trends...and, what the heck?...this was the only overlay i could find for the GP...what's your's look like?

I'm planning on getting the "Reverse OTTO" from ProCarParts. What I hope to do is go for the "Dodge Ram" look whereas only the dials are white, but the rest of the cluster is black.

450026_4.jpg

I'm going to get an aluminum overlay from Speedhut and spray paint it black. Then I'm going to put it on top of the PCP overlay and trace around the holes cut for the idiot lights. I'm going to cut away those areas on the overlay so the original black surrounding the idiot lights shows through. I need to find another cluster with the "CRUISE" telltale that I can cut out and replace the "SECOND GEAR START" telltale on the GP cluster seeing as that would light up when I activate my cruise. Also I'll be cutting out that stupid arrow where the low trac light is :D ...

I'm thinkin about actually buying this shit within the next month or so, and I'm posting pics for sure :wink: ...

wOW...that sounds like too much work for me :roll: ...i got the reverse glow gauges from Makoto Auto Trends...i already have em...i just gotta get the GP cluster which HOPEFULLY i'll have ordered tomarrow...i will also be posting pix of the swap...

Alright Ladies, let's put the "GP Low Trac Light" issue to bed. Here's what it looks like illuminated:

lowtrac.jpg

And to quote Nick Burns (your company's computer guy) "And by the way, uh-yer welcome-uh!"

Alright Ladies, let's put the "GP Low Trac Light" issue to bed. Here's what it looks like illuminated:

lowtrac.jpg

And to quote Nick Burns (your company's computer guy) "And by the way, uh-yer welcome-uh!"

Thank you!