colored mirrors

Psych0matt

Figure this one out. Base model early Cutlasses had body color mirrors. SLs had gloss black, and Int. Series had flat black. Seems ass backwards to me, so I painted my mirrors body color.

CutlassDriversSide.jpg

Much better in my opinion.[/img]

they're good on darker colors. Light colored mirrors stick out too much, especially white. Thats why I havent bothered (seen the white early base models at the junkyard, looked no good) plus the cutlass mirrors are bigger than GP/Regal/Lumina

Just don't paint them that "camelian" color... guy I knew had a blue neon and painted them that blue/purple and it looked so GHEY.

My red car has red matching mirrors I like'm. My black car (was grey originally) has black mirrors... I think all the earlier GPs had them not sure :think:

the cutlass mirrors are bigger than GP/Regal/Lumina

As in the brackets and mounting and everything? of just the mirrors themselves... Cuz if they would fit and stuff I might pick some up just to try it

Can't say that I ever really NOTICE mirrors being different colors. Hell.. I just saw mine were body colored a few months ago. I've had the damn thing for almost three years.

Base model early Cutlasses had body color mirrors. SLs had gloss black, and Int. Series had flat black. Seems ass backwards to me, so I painted my mirrors body color.

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Its wierd that they switched to flat black for the I-series. Personally, I think I like the gloss black of my SL the best, which is why I repainted them gloss black last year (they were totally oxidized, even though nothing else on the car is).

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Its wierd that they switched to flat black for the I-series. Personally, I think I like the gloss black of my SL the best, which is why I repainted them gloss black last year (they were totally oxidized, even though nothing else on the car is).

It actually is a satin black that turns flat after years of UV exposure.

Yeah, it's stupid. Gloss looks a lot better. After a certain year, gloss black was standard. I've sanded my flat black trim pieces and clearcoated them to make them glossy, but spray can clearcoat doesn't last. I need to get them professionally redone. I hate the flat black cowl panel too. Gloss black + tinted windows = clean and badass looking.