new signal lights help LED??

f_399

is it LED's that are bright?

I have seen people use a different light and its so much brighter then stock

i want my parking lights on when i drive and serve as DRL (i think it looks way better then regualr headlights on ), just like in newer cars.

....but they are not bright enough

help

It's not an LED.

What you're describing, just for example, an Olds Intrigue - the front parking lights run at full intensity. It's a standard bulb, IIRC. I am not sure how it is wired to run that bright.

No, its all mirrors/high-chrome plastic inside them.. Think of beacon lights on top of towers anhd things.. Those are no brighter than your standard mercury bulb.. BUT can be seen from miles away.. That's the beauty of mirrors my friend.. Laser pointers, the same deal.. Just a little more advanced..

if you're looking for daytime running lamps where only the front marker lamps run with a brighter light, there is a kit you can buy and install yourself...here is a link: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm ...my friend has this on his buick skylark and it works good...i was thinkin about intalling it on my cutlass as well...

if you're looking for daytime running lamps where only the front marker lamps run with a brighter light, there is a kit you can buy and install yourself...here is a link: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm ...my friend has this on his buick skylark and it works good...i was thinkin about intalling it on my cutlass as well...

why would install DRLs????

why would install DRLs????

well, for one...other drivers can see you better with lights on all the time...also, i think that the marker lamp DRL's look kinda neat...i don't really care for the headlight DRL's, but the marker lamps are kina kewl...i'm not saying that I'm gonna do it...but, i have kicked around the idea, and found that site...

LEDs are bright, but not the commercially available LED "bulbs" that replace existing bulbs.

The Intrigue and F-body with DRL runs the turn signal bulb at full intensity and the bulb works in reverse for the blinkers. Basically it's a 3157 style bulb with dual filaments, they run the bright filament all the time which is why it's so much brighter than the regular parking light.

The amber DRL is actually well known to be a poor design due to ambiguity with the turn signals. It's not even legal in Europe. Headlight or dedicated DRLs are much better even if they don't look as cool.