sound system

havikx

does any1 know is the euro 3.4 lumina came with an upgraded sound system? i know some other cars had a better sound system when they were the upgraded model and mine is the tricked out euro. not too many have euro 3.4.

well factory options were as follows

AM/FM

AM/FM/CASS

AM/FM/CD

AM/FM/CASS, Bose

not euros came with just am/fm/cass. my z34 did at least.

all the above options used the regular speaker placement except for the bose, which had door speakers rather then dashboard speakers.

i just got through installing the bose equipemnt in my car, it was somewhat of a pain but its worth it to have door speakers they sound worlds better.

you could either just get the bose door pannel and install aftermarket speakers in the bodse enclosure or do what i am in the process of, and that is installing the bose amp and all the other related speakers, word of caution though aftermarket head units tend to kill the bose amp, i have a few ideas on how to get past that however i'm the first to atempt it so there is not guide yet.

and if you just use the bose speakers in conjunction with no external amp you run the risk of the 1ohm speakers killing your head unit.

I know on a Cutlass there is a huge difference in sound quality between the cars with the door speaker option and the ones without. Mine has the door speaker option (and factory speakers) with a CHEAP ASS Pioneer DEH-1600 headunit and it sounds sweet

BOSE car audio = $hit.....

Well said..

My stock "Performance Sound" 6-speaker CD sounds better than the Bose in my friend's 97-03. Come to think of it.. it sounds horrible. Here's something I never thought I'd say.. I'm happy to have Delco.