So I go to Put the DIS in the Cutlass

94CutlassSLCoupe

I put the DIS that I picked up at the local junkyard into my cutlass..thought I found all the right wires(except the serial data that goes to the ALDL)...It lights up fine, goes through all the functions, the backlighting works, etc...

BUT...nothing that isn't related to time works. I think I have the speed wire hooked up to the right dark green ones (I think its pin 14 or 15 on the cluster) and the fuel one is hooked up to the wire in the directions I followed.

The ALDL connector is the one for the diagnostic scan tool, right? Mine only has three wires going to it and none of them are orange. Which wire do I hook it to?

I know, I know, I have a '94 with a 3100 and some of it might not work...but I sure would like it to!!!

which brings me back to mine not working either, i have everything (for a 94) hooked up right, and the fuel econ doesnt work (cuz it wont with obdII) but none of the trip functions work either. Help on why trips dont work, and any one have the info for getting senders hooked up for the fuel econ?

My average speed isnt even working and I think I have it hooked up right...my trip stuff also isn't working.

The "Good Afternoon" and "Good Evening" is just kick ass though

Must be...I only have three wires although there are places for atleast 12 wires. There was a light brown wire, black wire, and one more color (that wasn't orange)

I've seen the GM Tech II hooked up to one of these and it tells you all sorts of cool shit that doesn't work on the older cars.

Must be...I only have three wires although there are places for atleast 12 wires. There was a light brown wire, black wire, and one more color (that wasn't orange)

I've seen the GM Tech II hooked up to one of these and it tells you all sorts of cool shit that doesn't work on the older cars.

what color was that other wire?

Nevermind...in a 3100 SFI '94...put the ALDL wire to the tan wire on the connector and it works!!!!

Now to get the trip functions to work....anyone have any idea???

First of all, what DIC are we talking about? I'm trying to picture a '94 Cutlass dash and I -think- that is the older style (no dual airbags) dash but maybe I'm wrong. Are we talking the old style 88+ Cutlass Supreme DIC, or are we talking the 94-96 Grand Prix DIC or???