Wiring Digrams for ABS...Help

Paul GTP

Very interested to know how you are going to do the conversion. Didn't PM III only go upto year 90 or 91? I thought the ABS switched on 92.

Anyway, I've got the shop manuals for my cutty w/ PM III and the wiring diagrams. Let me know what you are looking for.

Hit your local library, look for the Mitchell auto manuals. They'll have the wiring diagrams for the 92 ABS, and the 90 ABS. It's amazing, the 90-91 ABS wiring is twice the amount of the 92+ ABS wiring. But at least you can reuse all the wheel speed sensors. Are you going to change the firewall plate, or are you going to "make it work" another way? The rest of the conversion should be pretty easy, but if you have any questions, let me know. I've been there.

Jason

I'm thinking about changing firewall plate... I know it's a pain in the ??, but i think it's worth it. I'm really, really tired of PM III. My PM III is not too bad, but I know it's not 100% operational.

I have all the parts for my new ABS, including firewall plate, Brake pedal, booster, ABS VI with ABS computer, relay and complete wiring. I think what i'm missing is the lamp driver module. (What does it look like)

The only thing I'm worry about is the connection to the PCM.

Any help is appreciated

Thank You :roll:

Very interested to know how you are going to do the conversion. Didn't PM III only go upto year 90 or 91? I thought the ABS switched on 92.

Anyway, I've got the shop manuals for my cutty w/ PM III and the wiring diagrams. Let me know what you are looking for.

If You want to know more about the conversion go to http://home.att.net/~aldridgec/ and go to PM III Information.

I'm converting 91 PM III to 92 Delco ABS VI and I really need wiring chart of PM III and ABS VI EBCM Connections

Thank You

The light driver module is the same as the one that is already in your car...at least they look identical. Yours is located either next to the steering column (right side) or in the glove compartment area. It's a green rectangle box with a plug at one end. 1 inch by 1/2 inch by 2 inches.

As for the connection to the PCM, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't even think there is one, but I can't find my 92 wiring diagrams right now to verify. Once you get your diagrams you will see...it's pretty easy. Wiring is probably easier for you since you already have ABS...you don't have to run any speed sensor wires like I had to. My car didn't have ABS.

Jason

The light driver module is the same as the one that is already in your car...at least they look identical. Yours is located either next to the steering column (right side) or in the glove compartment area. It's a green rectangle box with a plug at one end. 1 inch by 1/2 inch by 2 inches.

As for the connection to the PCM, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't even think there is one, but I can't find my 92 wiring diagrams right now to verify. Once you get your diagrams you will see...it's pretty easy. Wiring is probably easier for you since you already have ABS...you don't have to run any speed sensor wires like I had to. My car didn't have ABS.

Jason

If there is no connection to the PCM then how can you read the fault codes of the EBCM. Is there a different terminal on ALDL connector?

:shock:

Yea, thats probably the only one to the PCM. I was in the mindset of thinking of any connection to the PCM that the ABS needed to function. But, like I said, I couldn't find the wiring diagrams at the time...and my memory is horrable! Man, now that I think about it, I did the ABS install like 3 years ago. That was a long time ago, now I'm not suprised I couldn't remember the wires I hooked up back then. Oh well. Did you get those diagrams yet?

Jason

Wow, I wish I had the time to undertake projects like installing abs. This seems to be a hot topic right now, several guys interested in getting rid of the PMIII. I had assumed it was ended in 90, but 91 cars have it too?

Jason, what car did you put yours in? Is it one of the turbo cars? I had mocked it up once and it really didn't look like it would fit. But if it does that would make it alot easier to do a swap from PM III.

Yep, PM III was available in 88-91. 88's are least common, it was only available on the Regal for some reason.

I can get you some ABS VI diagrams, email me at gnatgosplat@softhome.net and I'll email attach them in a reply.

Too bad you already have an ABS VI setup, I have a complete setup (computer, modulator, etc.) that I would love to be rid of.

Just a quick Question, Is Delsco ABS VI the same on W-body as it is on Sunbirds etc. It seams to have an extra connector to the motor pack. I was also wondering if the speed sensors and other hardware from w-bodey are compatible with Sunbird's computer. :?

Speed sensors and everything else is the same. If I remember right, the extra plug is because they split the single plug on the w-bodies in to two plugs on the others. I think the ABS conputers are the same too, except on the j-bodies the computer is mounted in to the firewall. The w-bodies computer is mounted inside the driver fender.

Jason