no cruise control

bobbo

I had that same problem with my 88 regal. Turns out it was the brake light switch. It was stuck in the on position. Check to see if your brake lights work, if so, it could be a problem with the cruis unit itself. If the brake lights don't work, or stay on all the time, than it could be the brake light switch. BTW. the shop labor to replace mine was almost 6.5 hours. :dammit:

Brake switch is definitely a possiblity. Next try checking your multifunction stalk (signal lever.) Sometimes the wires that run out the back of the lever and plug into the wiper switch get frayed. Very simple to replace. Just unplug the connector from the wiper switch and pull the lever straight out.

These are the simple and cheap things to check. Next would be the servo/module combo. The cruise on 94-up W-Bodies uses an electronic servo (instead of vacuum) and the module is contained in the servo, so replacement is easier. Look for the servo mounted to the driver's side strut tower (it has a cable running to the throttle body.)[/img]

lol, make sure the cruise is switched to "on" :wink:

i was trying to set cruise on the highway a while back and i was like why the fuck won't to go into cruise then i realized it wasn't clicked on. LMFAO.