Still searching, may have found...

LukeZ34

I'm still looking for a good replacement for the sammy (even though we have loads of fun in it), and I may have found it. I seen on a used car lot the other night, an 89 Grand Prix SE, white, with the white rims for only $1995.. Now, for an 89, this thing is in pristine condition, shiny paint, not a rip or tear on ANY of the seats, never been smoked in, many options, and the 3.1 with 167,686 miles on it. Now for the high milage, this damn car was taken very well care of. I never would have expected an engine and tranny with this high of miles to run so good. Engine ran strong all the way to red line, tranny shifted firm and smooth under heavy acceleration, and VERY smoothly under light acceleration. Suspension wasn't perfect, but it seemed tighter and stiffer than the cutlass's is. Brakes.. rotors are a bit warped, but they preformed pretty well still.

Only thing is they wouldn't do a straight trade on the sammy.. they wanted an $800 difference.. and the only way I'm gonna get this GP is if I don't have to take out another loan to do it. Insurance would remain the same per month (thank god). Soooo.. I just need to locate a buyer for the sammy (I had one, just need to call him back to see if he's still intrested), and I may just have a nice GP sitting in the driveway too..

Wish me luck guys..

Oh, and here's some pics of the GP.. Enjoy!

http://www.lukez34.com/misc/89gpse

thats a ton of miles for that price no matter how nice it is, isnt it? i just picked up a few weeks ago, a 91 euro sedan - very nice except a couple small paint chips that went unprotected for too long, nice clean inside, runs great, 100k miles for 1500 bux, and it has new tires too.

Guest Anonymous

There is a guy I work with selling one exactly like that. $1500 with a few less miles. It has always been worked on at a mechanic also. I just may have one sitting in the driveway too Luke!

You know what sucks.. I'm having second thoughts on it now.. I hate these.. 'Do I really NEED it, or do I want it?' You know.. those stupid second thought questions. I'd love to give this GP a nice home, instead of some idiot buying it and trashing it. I figured if I can sell the sammy, I'd go to them with a $1400 check, tell them take it or leave it, and see what happens.

Luke, that car is in amazing shape!!! I had second thoughts about my Z34 but I'm glad that I ended up buying it. I say sell the sammy and take that GP home. Its nearly perfect, it looks nice, and think about the sweet pictures of your cutty and the GP all shined up parked next to each other!!!!!

-Tom

I agree with patgizz. Don't wory about offering too little. If they don't want to sell it for what you offer than they will just say no. It can't hurt to try. You don't want to wind up thingking you paid too much. I offered $500 less than what my lumina was marked at on the window and I got a quick "yes" in return. I should have went lower first...

Thanks for the replies guys.. it's making this easier, lol.

A buddy of my brothers works with a guy that's been looking for one, so I gave him a call tonight and he's wanting to look at it thursday. He's wanting something small to use for hunting.. and really, this thing is perfect for that. So I'd rather see someone get some practical use out of it besides me and my buds who find ditches to drive through and sidewalks to drive on, lol.. oh, and cart corrals to park it in, haha.

Hopefully that GP will stay on the lot long enough for me to grab it.. I guess if it doesn't, I've got some extra cash on hand. I realized that I don't really NEED a second car.. but it's nice to have one available.

I also thought of this too.. It'd be nice to have a good 2nd car.. why? I'm 20 years old (21 in a month! :D) and if there was ever a time that I ran in to financial problems, I could sell the cutlass and still have a decent GP to drive. Now I hope I never run in to those problems, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of it happening either.

oh my god...please do me a favor and if u sell that suzuki buy that gp!!!!! I nearly creamed myself when i saw ur pics of that thing. oh and when u get it take that god damn red pinstripe off the side of it....the white looks beautiful on that car but that stupidass red line just ruins it....it would be ashame for that car to fall into the wrong hands

Guest RedCutlassSL

There is an identical 89 GP like that for sale here in GB. Its white, white rims, no red stripe though. Its in pretty good shape, 150,000 miles, maybe a notch less than that one your looking at. I'm thinking of buying it for a second car. My beater.

Well.. drove down by the car lot that had the GP today.. and it's gone. So I assume that someone bought it. :cry:

Oh well.. I still think I'll sell the sammy. I need the money anyway, and some of it can go in to the cutlass too.