Exhaust leaks Help!!!!!

93CutlassSupreme

i "modified" my exhaust....

now, at both ends of the replacement pipe where it meets the stock pipe, i have exhaust leaks. i put two clamps on both ends of the pipe, tightened them to the point where i broke one, but i'm still leaking exhaust.

i have a small MIG welder, but i don't want to weld this in.

what would you guys do? do any of those Muffler cement or tape products work?

i wanna get this exhaust system sealed....

muffler cement works :roll: uh not like i've used it before......

But yeah that stuff works good just make sure you put someon your finger (with cold exhaust!) smear it into the overlapping edges and build a little up on it. Just make sure you let it cure, so don't drive it for about 12 hours. hope this helps

Jay

muffler cement works :roll: uh not like i've used it before......

But yeah that stuff works good just make sure you put someon your finger (with cold exhaust!) smear it into the overlapping edges and build a little up on it. Just make sure you let it cure, so don't drive it for about 12 hours. hope this helps

Jay

i can't give it 12 hours.

i don't want to weld it in b/c when i sell this car i'll have to put a cat back on. i have it clamped, i can just rip the clamps off and remove the pipe.

i put some muffler cement in the joints, let it sit for 4 hours, idled the car for 10 minutes, and let it sit for another 4 hours. the cement was rock hard after the first 4 hours.

so far it survived a 20 minute ride home.

i wonder how long this stuff will last.