Odometer swapping

supreme_style21

i can't sleep but the DMV records contain incorrect information, you really should take measures to correct that problem so if you are ever questioned you could just say well it was written down wrong for that year.

......it is only a problem if you claim that the lower mileage is correct when you go to sell it......

i can't sleep but the DMV records contain incorrect information, you really should take measures to correct that problem so if you are ever questioned you could just say well it was written down wrong for that year.

......it is only a problem if you claim that the lower mileage is correct when you go to sell it......

That's what I thought. w00t.

That's what I thought. w00t.

Well that could also be thrown thru some loopholes. The last odometer reading on my title reads 30,500. If I wanted, I could throw in a cluster with 39,000 miles and sell it as one hell of a low mileage car.

Granted, I could never bring myself to do that, but it can be done.

Well, I'm a day late, but here are the pics I promised:

gpcluster1.jpg

gpcluster2.jpg

gpcluster3.jpg

Here's the odometer stepper motor installed:

gpcluster4.jpg

Here's the motor removed. You can see the gear that connects the main odometer to the trip odometer through the hole. That's the gear I've been spinning with my small motor (with the gear on the motor wrapped in electrical tape so it doesn't strip the odometer gears.) :

gpcluster5.jpg

Actually there's only 3 screws holding the assembly in place. I managed to wiggle the odometer out of its housing (without removing the speedo needle) by loosening the 3 screws, but not removing them entirely. You can see in the 3rd pic how the axle of the odometer sits inside the "fingers" on one side (top in the pic.) Just snap the axle out of the "fingers" and it'll slip right out of the other side. You will have to wrangle it a bit to fish it out, as there are centering tabs on the bottom side of the odometer to keep it from freewheeling. It's kind of a pain, but not too difficult...