Andrew

well ive had it for 3 weeks now but i finally got pics up, and my system in too. :D anyway you all can check it out by the link below. i have some questions now though.

1- it didnt come with any key fobs, but i had the VIN ran and it came from the factory with keyless so i bought a fob. well it wouldnt program for the mechanic, so its a problem on the receiver end. anyone has this kind of problem before? how much is a receiver from GM?? (man thats a scary question!) this was kinda a cool prob because i was standing right there when the mech was tryin to program it. he then scanned the car for error codes and i was peeking over his shoulder. it has none, and none have ever being logged. i thought that was cool to know.

2 - after an oil change, there is a way to reset. how do you do that?

3 - is the switch on the top left corner of the dash for the foglights? if so i need to replace them.

4 - im pretty sure i have heated seats, with the switch being behind the shifter. the pic on the switch looks like its representing heated seats. well they dont work either. usually an expensive fix?? i really dont care to have heated seats, just like to have everything working properly.

thanks guys

nice buy, I just got my '02 about 2 weeks ago! Now the foglight switch you hit right on. My heated seat button is in front of my shifter, its bigger than the foglight switch. I looked in my manual just to verify what it was(check into it if you have one). Believe me, heated seats are going to be nice coming up this winter in Buffalo 8) .

1. If it is indeed the reciever you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap at a junkyard, asumming your not in MI anyways. You may want to make sure you've got the right FOB though, there were quite a few that all look alike from GM but they'll have differant FCC ID Numbers so they won't work. You need to make sure yours has the correct FCC ID No.

2. You reset the oil meter by holding in the button on the DIC while the oil life option is selected, I think it has to be held in for a couple seconds for it to work.

3. Yes, the switch is for fogs.

4. If the heated seats don't work track down the fuse box, make sure the fuse is still good. And if that appears to be in order you've probably got a dead heater coil. A VERY common problem with GM heated seats. Both the ones in my Dad's Regal died around 40k miles when the car was a little over a year two years old. It a bummer, and I've heard that they cost into the hundreds of dollars to replace so...

well ive had it for 3 weeks now but i finally got pics up, and my system in too. :D anyway you all can check it out by the link below. i have some questions now though.

1- it didnt come with any key fobs, but i had the VIN ran and it came from the factory with keyless so i bought a fob. well it wouldnt program for the mechanic, so its a problem on the receiver end. anyone has this kind of problem before? how much is a receiver from GM?? (man thats a scary question!) this was kinda a cool prob because i was standing right there when the mech was tryin to program it. he then scanned the car for error codes and i was peeking over his shoulder. it has none, and none have ever being logged. i thought that was cool to know.

2 - after an oil change, there is a way to reset. how do you do that?

3 - is the switch on the top left corner of the dash for the foglights? if so i need to replace them.

4 - im pretty sure i have heated seats, with the switch being behind the shifter. the pic on the switch looks like its representing heated seats. well they dont work either. usually an expensive fix?? i really dont care to have heated seats, just like to have everything working properly.

thanks guys

1. cant help ya there.

2. RTFM. Ill get mine and let you know, its different for the GTs IIRC

3. Correct, I had to replace mine when i first got my GTP.

4. Correct again, check the fuse in the glovebox, could be blown.

Ill be back ina couple minutes.

John

edit: and a sexy car you got, i like the silver myself :)

Too bad you dont have the torque stars, i woulda bought them off of ya.

Edit2: Ummm, sorry. The special procedure i was thinking was for the SEs with the Ghetto DIC. If yours has an oil life monitor, just select it then hold down the reset button. It takes a bit to kick in. Sometimes, i have to do it twice on mine before it resets.

thanks for the responses fella's

1 - im pretty sure the fob is correct, i ordered it through gm right after they ran my VIN. defintely gonna look in the junk yards for a receiver, need a peice of interior that somehow disappeared since i bought it

2 - i shoulda known that

3 - thought so

4 - if its a fuse, hooray for heated seats. if not, well... who needs them anyway

yes i love the silver!! :D i almost bought a black 97 with the torque stars, but this one has leather, HUD, dual climate control.... need i say more?