Factory Lumina CD Player

1990lumina

Could someone post a picture of a 92-94 factory cd player please. I'm looking at getting one for my 1990 Lumina, well I found one at a wrecker that works and I can get cheap, plus at school if you have any type of nice stereo it'll get stolen, so. Does anyone know if this factory player will work with my harness in a 1990 Lumina. I currently have the cassette/radio made by Delco. This cd player at the wrecker is built by Delco to, but I can't find a picture of one one the internet to verify, so could someone please post a picture of it, thanks!

- Jeff L.

Hey thanks guys!. The one I'm looking at was the one that BeausoleilRacing posted, although when I saw it in person it just doesn't look like it belongs in a Lumina, the knobs were too big it seemed, but if I can't find the other one, I'' just have to ive with the bigger knobs, and different color combinations on the face plate, thanks again!

- Jeff L.

Yet, 9 times out of 10, it's a very simple fix. :)

How can I go about fixing mine then? The Pontiac 5 Band EQ one.. It work BEAUTIFULLY if its really hot, or you beat the piss outta the dashboard.. Hmmmmmmm.... lol..

Be aware that if your Lumina has that timed-out dash illumination feature that turns the dash lights on when the outside door handle is pulled (or when the doors are opened and closed):

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20624&highlight=

Not just any old OEM Delco Radio/cassette/CD receiver will work. It's has to be a receiver specific to the Lumina with the illumination feature.

Yes, it'll plug in and work, but the dash illimination will never turn off.

Been there.....done that.

Same here.. tried installing a 95+ Chevy CD Player. Dash lights never shut off. So I tried rewiring it, and shorted something out in the process.. Then had no dash lights at all.

Had to get a new headlight switch to fix that problem.

Another thing about Delco radios of this vintage; usually there's always one channel blown out...or one that's going to blow. Got a NOS Delco and one channel blew out in less than a year.

Go aftermarket if you're going to do anything.

Guest BeausoleilRacing

Same here.. tried installing a 95+ Chevy CD Player. Dash lights never shut off. So I tried rewiring it, and shorted something out in the process.. Then had no dash lights at all.

Had to get a new headlight switch to fix that problem.

I'm sure I can get around it... :devil:

I've never had a problem with any channel blowing out on a Delco CD... Though cassette units have done that to me... In fact, the cassette in my current Lumina has done that...

I had a Pioneer GM fit and loved it, the reason I got rid of it was I let it go with my 1991 Sunbird convertible - that I miss terribly.