Getting gold off of rims

HokemBokem

I think dupli-color makes a paint stripper that comes in a spray can. You can also have them sand blasted.

Only sandblast them if you want to spend countless hours trying to restore the smooth surface you just destroyed.( read DO Not Blast) Use some stripper to get it off , much less effort that way.

a fine bristle wire brush for striping paint off of wood works well. I sued it to strip the paint off of my truck rims. I need to post pics of them some time. the results are beyond dramatic....

Junk those 15's (put 'em on eBay to see if there's interest) and get some factory 1st Gen W-Body 16" rims to spend your "refinishing" efforts on.

Here's a good place to get some ideas.

Search for 1996 Regals, Grand Prixes, Cuttys, and Luminas or Montes to see what the styles look like.

After you see what styles are available for the W-Bodies, do a search at http://www.car-part.com

well i found some tight rims on that site but its gonna be like 600 + and i would need new tires wich is not worth it because im gettin a new car in about 11 months. So I would just like so make the ones have have at least an aluminum color instead of gold.