Power seats have no power?

supreme_style21

:cuss: I finally drove down to some other yards in the state.. trying to find a good set of front buckets. I found THREE complete leather interiors! 2 black, 1 tan. The guy said $150 for the complete front/rear set of my choice. Sweet. Took my lil power pack to the first black interior car.. lights and everything powered up, the seat would not move. Ok. Moved to the second car. Everything powered up.. seat would not move. Crap. Went to the tan interior.. now the front end of this was smashed to shit, so NOTHING worked in this car. Son of a bitch. Finally found what I've been trying to find for the past year and I can't get 'em out. I checked fuses and whatnot in each car, all good.

So is there any quick way to get power directly to the seat so I can move it to pull it out?!? Is there something I'm missing??

Attach the power leads directly to the seat switch.

There lies the problem. The seat is lowered to its absolute lowest. I can't get under it to do anything.

I really don't want to start cutting harnesses. Will the seat still move with power to just the switch? I thought the motors have their own source?

There lies the problem. The seat is lowered to its absolute lowest. I can't get under it to do anything.

I really don't want to start cutting harnesses. Will the seat still move with power to just the switch? I thought the motors have their own source?

No no no. Don't cut any harnesses. Just unscrew the switch on the side of the seat, and pull the power and ground wire out and go from there..

If the controls are on the seat that should work, if so the rest of this post is irrelevant.

I was assuming that they had the console controls which requires you to power the main line, as well as one for the controls in order for them to work. I'm pretty sure it was a 10 ga. or so red line in the c200 so you'll probably want to pull it from there. Just look at the wiring in the console and there should be a 3-wire connector with orange,black and grey going into the armrest power the orange one and that main line and if the don't work they're screwed.

That's how it is with my STE buckets.

What if you unbolt the seat and tip it sideways? (Unless I'm not making sense)

he can't unbolt it because the seat is in the way of the bolts, hence why he's trying to move them...

If you can't move the seat you can't unbolt it, you might get two bolts but they won't be on the same side.

If none of this works for ya and you badly want them.......

You won't want to but you can do what I had to to get the STE buckets. I couldn't bring in a battery so I had to remove the the F-R motors from either side of the seat then very slowly move it forward tooth by tooth resetting the position of both motors each time.

It sucked for sure but I got them for $50 well worth the $500 I saved over the other set I just about bought that day at another yard.

Even if you cant get it to power up, yet, 150 for a set of black leather is an awesome deal!

Yes thats a killer deal.. but I need the seats out of the car before I can say I got a good deal. Until I get that driver seat out, they're not mine.

The set that was the most flawless was the Oldsmobile Tan color. Much lighter than the GP tan. So the tan is the set I was going for. I'm still undecided on the TAN/BLACK combination though, so maybe its for the better that I couldn't get it out.

The set that was the most flawless was the Oldsmobile Tan color. Much lighter than the GP tan. So the tan is the set I was going for.

why can't those be anywhere remotely around here...

I knew I'd spent too much time on here.. I just realized it when I saw those seats and said, hey, jeremy could use those.

But they're out of a sedan.