Rear Spoiler?

GPRACER

Anyone install a spoiler on a 4-door GP? I scrounged a spoiler today from a 2001 Grand Am. Its not a big ricey shopping cart handle or anything, So I was wondering maybe I could use it? Opinions?

i too do not like the GA spoiler, get one from another prix

I've never seen a spoiler on a 4-Door 1st gen. besides the GA spoiler was free and is in perfect shape, soooo......

so it would look gay....do your car a favor and pay the extra $$ and get spoiler from a first gen 2-door

I've always thought those standard GP spoilers looked 'tacked on'. Someone had posted awhile back a spoiler from a mid-90's Bonneville. Looked fairly decent in a picture.. seemed to be one with the car.. but I have not seen one in person.

this is the one i'm talkin' about....

245356_62_full.jpg

If that spoiler comes with the brake light, I'd have to remove one. My car has the eye level brake light near the roof. Extra light would look really dumb.

I feel just the opposite of Jeremy.. As long as it is the spoiler that came on from GM< itlooks alright.. ALL others, IMO, look like ass.. Stick with the OEM one, and all is good..

434980_48_full.jpg

Here's mine. I can't remember what I got it off of, but not a Prix. I think it was a Sunbird. I agree the third brakelight would look dumb if you already have one in your window as I do, so I pulled the light out and turned it into a reflector.

Guest Anonymous

yes, Ive put a spoiler on my 95 sedan.

I got a regular 1st gen spoiler off a 92, measured the holes, and bolted it on in less than an hour. It came out really good and looks 100x better than before.

This is the one I am talking about, There is no difference between 99-05 SE and GT Spoilers, they are the same.

3c_1.JPG

PONTIAC-GrandAM-99-PG739-1.jpg

It didn't cost me anything, and I think it will look good on my car. It's worth a try anyways. It even matches the curve of the trunk almost exactly, and it does not have another brake light.

My car is in pieces right now in the process of painting, will be posting some before and after photos though. I'm going to try the spoiler anyways, looks good just laid on the trunk lid anyways. If it turns out fugly oh well whats a couple more holes to fix. :roll:

My car is in pieces right now in the process of painting, will be posting some before and after photos though. I'm going to try the spoiler anyways, looks good just laid on the trunk lid anyways. If it turns out fugly oh well whats a couple more holes to fix. :roll:

well....why don't you just post the before pics?

thats what i'm asking?

cause its already to late to take before pics, right?

but you said it was in pieces!?

:?

Ok, here's the deal I do have some before pics, it's just that they are not digital, I took them the old fashioned way. I've got to get them developed and scanned.

The car is in pieces, at least the front end, no bumper or fenders, no moldings either.

If nothing else you are persistant.

The car is in pieces, at least the front end, no bumper or fenders, no moldings either.

please tell me that you aren't going to put the spoiler on the front end....otherwise I am confused as to what the front being disassembled has to do with anything....