drivers door lock not unlocking

boechler14

i have a 90 grand prix 2 door and the drivers door has never unlocked by the power lock switch..the door locks when i use either the drivers switch the passsengers switch and the keyless entry i have. the passenger door always unlocks when i use any of the three but never the drivers door i was wonderin if any one has had this problem or if anyone has a diagram of where the main lockin mechanism is in the car thanks

im fairly sure its not the acctuator because i replaced it and as far as a faulty keyless entry im not sure the system isn't a factory one it has starts the car n such and they all work

first thing I'd do is lube the 2 pivot points between the lock actuator and the knob. This can really screw things up (will have to remove the door panel) If that doesnt help, then yes the actuator is probably faulty.

i tried lubin the joints and nothing changed so i got out and started testing for power to the accuator from the car via the plugs in the drivers side kick panel and the power doesn't leave the car to the door when i try and unlock it so my geuss is that the problem is in the car from the source for the locks but i have no idea where this is

Could be faulty keyless entry box too. When I had mine unplugged the door would not open or close with a door button.

I think this is what's causing your problem. Ever since I removed the keyless entry box from my car, the drivers door lock will not operate with either power lock switch.

I agree on the keyless entry module. It could be a corroded relay contacts or bad solder joints. It should be fixable if you don't want to replace it.

I have LOTS of experience with what Brian's talking about with the lock linkages and pivots needing lubed. I've had to do that on all 4 W-bodies I've had. It was definitely a good idea for GM to switch to the door latches with built-in solenoids.

well i went under the drivers side dash and started cleaning everconection i could find and i found a 3 end plug that had the same colour wires as the plug in the kickpanel from the door just hanging there any idea where its mite go? and as well when that plug is by a ground the door locks dont work and when its touchin a ground it blows a fuse so i tapped it up and now the doors work...i have no idea why ....