UPDATE on the cutty

skiiirt

Well I took the car into a well known mechanic who has worked on w-bodys most of his life. So far he has come back to me with this

1.Too tight or too loose Cam Belt. - I cant even believe these guys who rebuilt this motor. How many more things could they have done wrong.

2. Fuel Pump is not maintaining pressure. Says the thing completely lets out when the car is off. He says its not the regulator, which says something about the GM goodwrench service. Perhaps that explains why my car stalls downhill. Must be flooding to death

3. Thermostat is shot - takes about 45 mins to heat the car up. I agree the fans are blowin but the heat aint goin!

4. Evaporator Core is plugged - The heat is blowing but the mechanic says it could be doing 2x the job it was doing

So out of all of that I shouldn't have too large of bill - seeing as I am not replacing the evaporator core - just cleaning it out and the Fuel Pump and the Cam Belt are under warrenty. I am just without a ride for the next week.

Still dont have an answer for the code 32. I was thinkin of talking to Dave from FastFWD Performance and perhaps getting myself a chip. Just disable the fucker completely

i dont know the full story on your car but ill put in my 2 cents on what ive read above

#1 ????

#2 - i would think regulator, seeing as how the pressure is not constant(im assuming he tested the pressure at the fuel rail) the pressure should drop when the car is off, the pump isnt pumping anymore!

#3 i agree, the thermo is dead. less then $10 and an easy fix.

#4 isnt the evap core related to AC?? so why would it affect heat? (i could be wrong here, i dont know too much about heat/ac systems)

#4 isnt the evap core related to AC?? so why would it affect heat? (i could be wrong here, i dont know too much about heat/ac systems)

I was thinking the same thing. Before I got rid of the Cutlass the heater was leaking so that was replaced. I was told that evap cores were a common GM problem related to a/c.

If you've got automatic climate control then A/C plays an integral part in heating as well as cooling. The BCM uses the the A/C to regulate the temperature of the air being blown into the car rather than simply adjusting the amount of hot air let in by the heater core. So basically if the A/C doesn't work right you'll have super hot air being blown in any time you try to heat your car since the system can't add cool air from the A/C like its trying to.

And if he doesn't have automatic climate control, well...I guess I don't know what to say.

#1 - the timing belt seems to be off. It sounds like crap when u open the hood and listen.

#2 - He said the fuel pump was working and doing what it should. It was a brand new ac delco pump from the warehouse, he says the hose clamps or a ?tech clamp? anyways he said they didnt put it back together properly.

#4 - Yes it is automatic climate control. He explained that it is like a screen door. When it gets clogged up the airflow sucks. Thus it barely pushes air into the car