stlunatics2oo3

okay well i had an idle issue for a few months but for a good week my cars idle was perfect , well today the idle started goin up and down and the car started to want to stall cause the idle has came really down, and the car will not take an idle relearn at all.....

so i need some help so here are some things that have been changed:

injectors, ignition module, coil packs, all vacuum lines, I.A.C, TPS, plenum and throttle body gaskets, fuel filter, battery

here is a question:

1. when should you replace a fuel filter? mine has only 15k on it could it be clogged?

so if you have an idea on what could be the problem please help me out t

thanks

Jeremy

I'm no expert, but I've always been told the fuel filter should be replaced every 12k miles. Also, our cars have and ESC (electronic spark control) unit that automatically adjusts the timing (affecting idle) according to what octane gas is being used and such. I had that same issue in my sunbird that ended up being my ECM computer b/c it was not sending the correct signal to the esc and therefore, it was not sparking correctly, throwing off my idle and eventually flooding the engine (leaving me stranded). It's just an idea, I'm no expert on these cars or any electronics (grew up on camaros and such, no fancy computer), so I could be wrong, it's just an idea.

Korey

well thanks for your input wally i am not sure in some other cases it could of been right but i have a different ecm in mine i forgot to put that on what i changed

but thanks for the input since others are not chimmin in

Jeremy