Keyless Entry

terryk2003

I have a '97 Cutlass Supreme and i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to find out if my car came equipt with keyless entry?...i bought it USED from a dealer in june, 04...they said they didnt get any key fobs with it...BUT, i thought keyless entry was installed from the factory on the Cutlass Supremes?...i dunno, i could be wrong, but my dad had a '96 that had keyless entry...anywayz, is there something i could look for that will tell me if my car came with keyless entry?...

Open your trunk, take the carpet off by the antenna. If there is a single wire with a connector on the end dangling around then keyless entry.. If you press the connector against a bolt or something (a ground) the doors should unlock. Thats the way it is on my 95 anyways, I would think the Cutlass would be the same.

the easiest way to do this is to call your local dealer with your VIN# and they can run it to see if it came installed from the factory. thats what my local dealer did after i bought a key fob that wouldnt program, so now i have a good key fob but the receiver doesnt work :(

My reciever didn't work either. Got one at the junk yard and that worked after I soldered the connections, instructions on the repair page . Works good except I need a new battery for my reciever.

well, i went to the dealer today...turns out that my car never came with keyless entry :( ...thats poopy...but, i'll hopefully be getting a remote start/alarm/keyless entry installed here sometime anywayz...but, thanx for the info...