BrendonSAIT

ok everyone, now that the strut problem is about done, (just have to install them now). I have a new (not new, but existing and needing attention) problem.

My Lumina Euro 3.1L 2 door HATES downtown traffic!

The other day, I went downtown to pick up the girlfriend from work, car acting wonky and all. Rush hour, not moving traffic keeps all airflow off of my motor, and that secondary fan seems to NEVER turn on!

Now this is where it get's weird... at a stop light, car still kinda funny, it stalls (automatic transmission)! just up and quits. then magicly... it's not acting funny again, it's just as peppy as it was yesterday.

By acting wonky i mean, no power, sluggish, delayed throttle responce.

could this just be a result of extreme over-heating? (new coolant in rad)

would wiring the secondary fan to an electrical switch, mounted inside the car, be a decent solution for the heat?

Thanks

Brendon

Yeah, it sound like what my 89 Regal GS was doing, until one day, i opened the hood and found my coolant reservoir full of bubbles and foam. Turns out it cracked both the heads in the little space between the valves. After 3 weeks (and a lot of patience) i got her back and running, only to find that none of my cooling fans were working. So i jumped the wires in the fuse panel under the hood, so now my fans come on whenever the key is on. Now, it never gets hotter than 90 celcius in traffic.

well, no bubbles, no foam, no cracked block... just lots of heat.

That's a great idea about the fans into the fuse box though, thanks

there is a how to on the main page on how to do this mod. It sounds like your fans aren't working correctly....