Anyone know where I can buy....

MommyTaz022200

A kit to put rear defrost in my car. I don't want to swap out my back window, I just want to put the lines and wiring on mine and hook it up to the heater defroster switch, like it would be had my car come with it.

I've only owned 3 cars without a rear defroster, and I've always picked up a pair of electric heaters to blow on the rear window and that's ALWAYS worked well for me - I was just thinkin' bout that before I catch some sleep this morning.

--Dave.

I've only owned 3 cars without a rear defroster, and I've always picked up a pair of electric heaters to blow on the rear window and that's ALWAYS worked well for me
I had 2 Grand Am's that didn't have rear defrost. I just pointed the center vents straight back, cranked the fan, and it kept the window clear. It took a bit longer to clear the window up, but it worked alright...

I say go with the JC "Shitney" defroster. It probably won't look factory exact, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to install than changing out the rear window!

I counted 13 on my Regal's back window, and I think it might be a bit shorter than the rest of the W-Bodies' windows. I would imagine if you purchased the 12-line defroster and centered it on the window the best you can, it'd work out alright. The 16 might be too much unless it will function with a couple of the "lines" cut off.

$48 sounds like too good a deal to pass up!